click me!!

Monday 29 June 2009

Hungry?

Due to sheer plain stubbornness in wanting to achieve the impossible goal for the SHAPE run (finish the 10km in 45 min)  in less than 20 days, I've decided to adopt the evil plan of reducing (preferably nil) carb after 1800. (by right, that should aid in shedding some kilos.. plus adequate exercise...) so... have been trying hard to keep to that rule of thumb since last Wednesday..

So anyway, decided to make pasta for dinner last Saturday (cuz finally get a day of rest at home - okie, had been heading out on the weekday nite..) since my mom apparently like it.. (oh yeah, like the angmos- my pasta is cooked al dente ~ I dun like mushy noodles). So went grocery shopping and here's the fresh ingredients.. like scallops, chicken breast, carrots, celery & portobello mushrooms.. etc.... in my attempt to cook the sauce from scratch. (okie, i cheated a bit. I used half  a tin of pregos and half  a tin of tomato sauce... seasoned with my own conoction of herbs.. ).. zitch fats.. i guess the only trace of fats will be olive oil?


before "processing"

my mortar & pestle for grinding the dried herbs


 
Vegetables all chopped up!


The cooking process



Attempting to grill using the stone grill that mom has just purchased. - The result is quite good - akin to bbq-ing in kitchen, without the smoke & grease - cuz it's greaseproof.


tada! kiddy's portion homemade pasta with grilled portobello mushroom and chicken drumlet.


It doesn't really make sense to be only eating such a small portion after spending a few hours in preparing and cooking.. BUT having just ran round -end to end of pasir ris park just before dinner time, didn't have the appetite to eat. (Almost lost my nike+ sportsband which dropped off @ the roundabout @ downtown east but fortunately, I discovered in time a few minutes later and went back to retrieve it.). But it was yummy - the sauce resembles more to minestrone soup though (with the diced carrots/celery/capsicum).. 
I over-estimated the quantum of sauce, so there was a lot of sauce left.. so i get a healthy packed lunch today.. :)
  


Hungry? I am not. Extremely full now.. (though the portion ain't that much.. there is like 2/3 sauce & 1/3 pasta in the container..)

No comments: