click me!!

Wednesday 3 June 2009

Nation Building

I received my Notice of Assessment from my former employer over the weekend.  I've been faithfully (not given a choice not to) contributing to the nation building programme since entering 社会大学 and for the first time, the amount of contribution for this year has upgraded in terms of the "位数" (i.e. 增加了一个位数!). I was very shocked at the jump. I thought there was some mistake!!!  Then it struck me, pay increment translates to tax increment.  So I oughta be happy. okie.. like real. Where did my moolah went?

I guess the monetary sum (after allowance for the a&b) has mostly translated into material goods lying around in the cardboard (which I've tried to downsize desperately.) i.e. time to look into the outflow.. and that explains why I quit on the day I got my license to function as a FA. (oh yeah, I qualified to be a FA in just one mth! and cleared all the tests @ 1st sitting.. - i very yaya papaya rite? - oh well.. that's all theory... just input into brain them emptied them during the grueling test..)

Anyway, I'm so glad that the "volunteered" contribution is via interest-free instalments (i.e. giro deduction ). But interest-depriving on my end.

Still, God empower me to volunteer in a greater manner towards nation building...  (not for next year.. cuz my 08 bonus sux - as explained in some of the earlier posts.. ) I think I will be a greater contributor 2 years later..

No comments: