click me!!

Monday 1 June 2009

first attempt @ the half marathon

I was surprised to see one of the Adidas sundown tentage pitched @ the empty grasspatch next to my block when I reached home on sat evening. (I guessed I didn't managed to register for the sundown for some reason.. If I'd, I might not be enjoying kel's wedding dinner that much... haha..) I guessed if I'd ran, I would be super-tempted to run up home when I passed by my block loh... haha... (but I think my block should be the ending stretch.. cuz the volunteers were just being picked up when I left for service..)

Met kei on thurs to pass her kwang's bible... and haha it so happened that she mentioned that she was keen to join the singapore bay run.. & kwang might want to join the 21km.. Gee.. I was tempted lo.. so guess what I did? Yeah, I just paid $38 for the 21km (the silly site was darned slow... so I registered for the "OPEN" category instead of "CLOSED" cuz I didn't know what it meant (there was no legend on the registration page -cuz I clicked via the mailer.. not via the website..) Okie.. doesn't matter.. apparently closed = s'poreans and PR only. OPEN = all nationalities.. oh well.. too late to change the category right? haha.. maybe I shall attempt calling the hotline tmw... haha..

I think I should be able to recover in time from the SHAPE 10km run to run this half-marathon.. (one month gap.) oh well.. take it as my trial run for the standard chartered one @ year end.. Contemplating if I need to disclose this to e... (think he will set a timing for me to hit again... but haha.. maybe closer towards the date..), but he is kind enuff to set at 1 hr.. which i realised my own personal target was 50min.. oh just try ba.. :) and he barred from killer heels for next two months.. :( oh well.. for my own good.. haha.. ) Timing for the half? The motivation will be to avoid the sun.. so.. if flagoff is at 0530.. aim to finish before it gets too hot.. haha.. maybe ard 0830/0900? haha.. ooo.. that'll be 3-3.5hrs..

okie.. time to get accustomed running in the am!

No comments: