click me!!

Monday 7 December 2009

yeah.. ran the last run of the year... :)

Regretted not taking AL today.. cuz I'm feeling sleepy still.. :( but it's alright... must conserve leave!

Recollection of events of saturday/sunday leading up to the run...

Saturday 21:30 - attempted to sleep

Sunday
1:55 - woke up from a dream.. (can't recall what), went back to sleep

3:05 - alarm 1 rang... snoozed.. for a few times till 3:15

3:35 - alarm 2 rang... snoozed till 3:45.

4:00 - woke up.. freshen up.. sunblocked... had light breakfast..

4:30 - headed to tampines stadium.. *cuz i bought this $5 bus tix that will bring us from stadium to event area* reckon it's cheaper than taking a cab down - which would be..four to five times more.. but still had to take a cab down to tampines..  And lo and behold.. the lift opened @ the 6th floor and there's this guy who is cladded in running gear entered the lift.. * I intended to be A.S and play with phone.. but seeing that i was dressed similarly to him, it was rather apparent that we were heading for the run.. so he just casually asked if i was heading to tampines to take the bus.. and he proposed to share a cab down (which eventually, i get a free ride! - not that it cost a lot.. think it was $8+ with the midnite surcharge).. hehe free ride.. good thing we were heading different directions upon arriving at the venue, as i got baggage to deposit and he don't. Else, don't know what excuse to give to siam.. haha..

The full marathon was about to commenced when I arrived at the baggage deposit area.. Saw the full marathon participants ran passed me while i was obediently queuing to use the portable w.c.  Since there were like 10+ portable toilets stationed there, and there were at most 30-40 pple in queue in front of me, i figured the queue would take at most 10- 15 min ritE? I was WRONG. cuz.. apparently people cut queues blatanly and simply ignored the snaking main queueing line on the left of the tiolets and simply make a beeline for the individual queues in front of each portable tiolet.. Not just the locals doing that, even the ang mos too.  and I saw one lady (also a fellow causasian..) telling this petite blond lady nicely that the main queue is all the way behind and she ought to join that queue instead of jumping the line.. but she ignored.. oh so civilised.. and i witnessed some who just walked pass on the pretense of finding friends and joined the individual queues @ the far end.. *all these "queue cutters" can vie a spot for the best acting category..*

Finally empty the bladder after queueing for 35 to 40 min! and.. made my way to the starting point :)

My friend didn't get the chance to register in time, so i was on my own. but haha.. i'm used to it le.. :) haha.. run was okie.. except for the fact that I forgot my towel, so haha.. the perspiration gotta be swipe away by fingers and transferred to my top.. aha.. but think my dri-fit absorbed most of the perspiration.. :)

@ the 11km mark near kallang area.. i was :) as it was the half-way mark..  was almost glad that I didn't signed up for the full mara this year.. cuz.. am so not prepared for it... *next year maybe*..  but was rather #!$%$ when the 10km runners turned in and joined the same route near the SG flyer area.. cuz eh.. it was suddenly very crowded AND many were blocking the way by eh.. walking.. or just blocking ...

I guessed I ran at a rather alright pace - aka my usual sunday pace.. cuz i still have blast of energy to sprint the last couple hundred metres.. so.. the timing of 2h23 min (according to my watch) was not too bad.. haha.. at least better than the army half mara timing...  and maybe if i forgo my pt on thurs, it might be better.. ahah.. but at least e was happy with the timing.. with the disclaimer "rest well and loads of water... will be tougher next training'.. saddist right? but gotta give credits to him forcing me to run longer and quicker.. ahha..

And happily made my way to shower/steambath @ the  gym and headed to jw for breakfast and a woot! service.. and uhm... i wonder it is a coincidence or His arrangement that I was sitting next to my zone leader during service and he proposed something in after certain "advertisement" during the harvest highlights, in which @ the start of the word, dr john reiterated the 'ad' again.... uhm... oh well.... see how ba...

anyway, was happy that i ran a good run.. and deciding whether to run a full during the addidas sundown next year.. :)

No comments: