click me!!

Friday 18 December 2009

the 'face' issue

Does number of followers/ friends on twitter/facebook denotes your popularity?
Are you sad when you lost followers (which you don't know) on ur networking account?

To me, if I don't know them and they decided to remove/ stop following me (I'm no celebrity, can't comprehend why complete strangers be interested in my one-liner or 144 words long phrase.. or maybe they found me kawaii or witty?? lalala), I am alright. If my friends removed me, that i'll be concerned .. maybe their account was hacked? Or someone did really went wrong.. If not, nah, I lose nothing..  and certianly, I wouldn't twit that the no. of followers is on a downward trend..

Trigger point of this post - STress.. hence went into fb for some r&r.

Out of randomness, I clicked onto this acquaintance’s profile page in fb through another friend’s page (which I’d turned off the status update after he has ‘yaya-ing’ remarked that ‘I’ve turned off the status updates of some people” – in addition to the fact that I’m not the least interested in his countless status updates… which is often full of grammatical errors… - the- uniquely- ris-type- of engrish) . I saw this status update he posted last evening (out of the many others on the same day)

YA some pple had stop following me in twitter.... :( “Yesterday at 9:37pm via Twitter” (initials are changed drastically because I don’t want to be misquoted.. )

To which, there are 12 comments to date:

A : Wah! Who so bad?! ~ Yesterday at 9:38pm
B : Why? Tweet me at (). ~ Yesterday at 9:41pm
YA: Following ~ Yesterday at 9:48pm
YA: i nv keep track on my followers. it's depleting ~ Yesterday at 9:49pm
A : follow me then~ :p ~ Yesterday at 9:50pm
C : got ppl follow u?sure or not.... ~ Yesterday at 9:52pm
YA: nothing good will come out of you C ~ Yesterday at 9:57pm
YA: wads ur user id A? ~ Yesterday at 9:57pm
A : i got put as profile website. Click on the link ~ Yesterday at 9:59pm
B : YA , you need to tweet good stuffs so that people are interested in what you tweet and always look forward to it. I will send you some interesting tweets. ~ Today at 12:18am
B : Its not how much follwers you have but the quality of followers. I only have 97 so far and I am not in a hurry to make it a 1,000 plus. it will come. It is not a race to see who got the most but you want to see quality tweets. Thats the key. ~ Today at 12:21am
D : cheer up bro, its their loss.~ Today at 12:51am
B : Hey you said you follow me. I tried to follow you but you have locked you tweeter account. Cannot follow u. I also replied to you on AICR. Better to join JARD. ~ Today at 12:54am
YA: B ~, u'll need to send the request then I need to accept ~ Today at 7:25am

I was rather amused by this status update and the comments that followed thereafter. Frankly, I’ve got strangers (from other continents.. ) following my twitter – and I don’t really know where they got my twit id from since I don’t really follow a lot of peeps. Since it’s nothing really private that I twit, I see no reason to lock the a/c. And I’d since removed quite a number of weird ones – because they have very suggestive profile peeps – very provocative ones… haha.. I guessed YA must be happier if he is in my shoes, I have more followers than those I followed ( most of which are my friends.)!! HAHA.. (and for the record, I don’t think I follow his twits..)

I don’t really twit a great deal, unless out of boredom on train.. and it is interesting to read some such as xiaxue’s.. haha.. and speaking of which, I saw her proposal video .. so sweet! Though she blogs in a colourful language which will be full of blanketie-blank-blank for the minors, I like the realness in her. Or prolly, there is a hidden ‘lian-nature’ in me that click with her.. :p

Anyway, I am glad I’m not an ego-manic, not concerned about no. of followers on twitter, no. of friends on fb (which some of them I don’t really know, but will be awkward to remove them because I will still see them around, and there are still some friend requests which I’d not approve because I don’t recognise them and don’t know if I am supposed to know them..).

Commercial break is over.. Back to slogging.. :( sobs.. wonder what time I can head out of office tonite!

No comments: