click me!!

Tuesday 8 December 2009

To give your best, or don't do it at all.

Minutes ago, I saw someone's msn nick stating "XXX had completed her 42km..... so wasss next? hmmm, next challenging thing pls... "


sounds pretty harmless but to me kinda boastful.. Alright, kudos to your completion..?
I think i'm competitive by nature.. (or perhaps due to the schools I attended..) if i wanna do something, i would wanna excel.. which explains why I chose not to do the full marathon this time round.. I don't want a bad timing. Hey,it is available on the web for all to see!
haha... oh yeah.. egocentric!

Completion is one thing. Doing it well is what that matters..I dislike doing something for the sake of doing. Unless I've absolute no interest in doing so.

Which explains.. I don't aim merely for the finish point... (i train for my runs one ma... and i only started running in 2008!)

And i don't just aim for a mere pass in exams.. I think for my 'O's - i did my E & A maths 10-years series front-to-end twice! - but only for maths!  Until i was in ntu cuz i really dislike accounting and i still see no light in it.. but thankfully i learnt the art of 'smoking' with conviction! - which explains why I am still in  this industry.

I'm not a finance person - i am NOT at all practical.. (if u know me) I like figures - as in mathematics, but no figures crunching, as in accounting.

Point i am making - I don't simply do something for the sake for crossing it out on my "TTD" (translate - things to do) list.

To give your best, or don't do it at all. ( As what I rememberd from the 1st line of the Scouts' pledge - "I promise to do my best... " okie..i can't the rest.. except the last line.. "and to obey the scouts law" ;p)

No comments: