click me!!

Tuesday 14 April 2009

running...

Yeap, I've been doing that kinda more frequently recently... not the hiding type..


A friend of mine told me that he runs when he has to think, and he will plug into his iShuffle/iPod and run.. (he's kinda extreme - he can run from pasir ris to east coast and back in the wee hours of nite! ). Nah, I'm not that extreme yet. (Perhaps not run - i don't have that stamina yet, but walking is fine with me.. not in the middle of the nite.. )

Went for a run @ the pasir ris park (from home to loyang end, then loyang end to the other end, then from the other end to where i started.. i.e. the downtown east area..) on sunday evening and monday morning.. Sunday cuz ate the humungously sinful lunch of popeye's chicken with fries and yummy mash. Weather was good when i reached home, so changed and was plugged into my iPod. Ran to and forth pasir ris park. My trustworthy nike+ sportsband computed that I'd ran about 8km.. after cooling down still have a burst of energy - and it was still early ard 630, hence ran to loyang (not that heroic to attempt to Changi beach..) and back home.. think was another 2km.. haha.. so i did a 10km in total - all for that two pieces of fried (oh so tasty) chicken.

As I'd gamely (or not really) signed up for the 15km segment of the passion run in may (thanks to me responding to a good friend's jio-ing of participating in that), thought that I might as well start to attempt to stimulate a 15km run.. haha.. thought of doing it on monday morning (since I'm on leave ) But alas, i woke up late (ard 8)..the sun was already up.. so if i do two rounds of pasir ris park.. i will be fried. SO i applied my sunblock (which was spf 25 which a kind little birdie informed me that it's way too low for any protection earlier today..) - but ended up with the lovely marking of the top i was wearing (fortunately, it was a tank top..) and the white strip across my wrist where I was wearing my watch (phew, i didn't wear that iPod on my arm.. hence.. worst..) And it was only for like at most 50 min? But I walked back to the Elias part of the beach cuz I wanna sit on the swing.. haha.. despite the heat.. it was 10am by then and it was darn hot.. bUt i enjoyed the 5 minutes of alone-ness. and the serenity of the beach (it was rather empty saved for the few crazy peeps like me - i think they are training .. cuz one of them even had few packs of energy gel plastered to his waist, and some ran at least one round!! )

but I enjoyed the peace and serenity.. and the blueness of the sky and the greeness of the leaves.. and the sweet presence of God.. :) and thankful that I've a pair of healthy legs (except for the on & off ankle prob) that can bring me to places.. :) haha.. and nope.. my 2.4km ain't fantastic.. and reason i started running.. was haha.. to lose weight.. and haha.. it can be done alone or with friends.. and out of which, my colleague and i started this running group in which a few of us (cross-department) will run around our office area after work.. (haha like what I told asteric.. like a connect group like dat.. just that no preaching.. haha.. just common interest - but hey.. good way to build bond.. who knows what may happen rite?)
And haha.. it's never to late to start doing something new.. :) and paintball sounds fun.. haha..

No comments: