click me!!

Monday 27 April 2009

Chameleon

Passed by this budget accessories shop, Chameleon (whereby I titled this post after) @ Tampines 1 last evening with Jess. which soothes the crap earlier.. Crap?

I was pretty appalled by the double-standard attitude portrayed by some earlier on. Being peers (or perhaps being deemed lower in the hierarchy by the subject) meant that you could disregard their existence?

At the very least, even a toddler will wave to his friends & teacher alike, at the end of class when his parents fetch him from school, and not just simply walk off. (or so another term coined up by people to describe this behaviour - AP. Not Arithmetic Progression). Hence, by reasonable assumption, grown-ups should (at least) portray the same level of courtesy be it to your superiors or your peers or subordinates, rite? Let say, a wedding dinner? At least, I remembered even strangers whom I just met at friends' wedding dinner would at least mumble a "I'll make a move first" at the last course and not just simply dissipate?

Nope, this is an err assumption. Or so I witness earlier on. And yep, synonymous attitude portrayed by both towards I reckon those "lower in the hierarchy" cuz yep, the attitude towards the higher up (and the associated) were given a contrasting opposite.

Respect? That needs to be earned. Need a favour in times of need? Treat those around you equally, regardless of status. Please, they are not pawns to be used. Best role model, Jesus, who treats all equally, regardless of status. :) Oh i remember, I live in a broken down world. Yep, smile, the world will seem happier. After all, this ain't the first time. Not being vocal doesn't denote unawareness.

Those who has ears, let him ear.

No comments: