click me!!

Thursday 30 April 2009

The abyss - not for the faint hearted...

STOP if you are eating while reading this post..  it's not gonna boost your appetite!

I reckon I have high threshold for pain (not to say I enjoy being inflicted with that). Some may know the twit - yep, me - has a brush with the protruding (plastic) toilet door latch in my room a couple of weeks ago. And that has resulted in this 3 to 4 centimeters long scratch (but there was minimal blood when the incident occurred). Due to the minimal loss of blood, I just clean the small cut, poured concentrated dettol over it. C'est tout. With time, the scratch soon swell up and it became kinda painful to touch, and looked angrier (ie red!) day by day.

Was rather irritated with that prolonged swell.. I decided to speed up the process. ( Incidentally, the haste buster in me have the tendency to tease the blister/scabs via poking to drain the fluid/peeling to try remove the harden scab.) Okie, I decided to employ the help of a nail clipper, my nimble fingers and my ceiling light. And concentrated dettol ( Had I not learnt that 青草油 contains toxic ingredients and ought not be applied to OPEN wounds, I would have douse that open wound after cleaning the pus and blood and sterilising with dettol with a splash of that. And yes, it hurts.. but usually the wound recover shortly after..).

Sterlised the equipment, removed the scab (partially hardend for certain portions) with fingers then nail clipper to tease and peel.. and unveiled flesh (not much blood) and some yellow pus.. Shoo.. infected lo.. :( Dettoled it.. covered with guaze and surgical tape.. And prayed it would be slightly better in the morning.

Realised it still looked infected this morning and decided to drop by clinic @ office for a checkup. (After I showed my colleague, WY, the gruesome sight in office - she shooed me to the clinic). Yeah, it was infected alright. Just slight infection, but doc lamented that I oughta seek help ealier.. She was deliberating whether to give me a tentanus shot and decided againstt it cuz the incident happended @ home (hence shld be rather clean) . Phew. :) So the wound was washed.. and bandaged. And here's the evidence...
 
Huge square on my left elbow. And I went dinner with a few of my colleagues with that huge patch lo. :( 
The details...
The sight that greeted me when i removed the bandage before showering...
 
the pus free "abyss"
  
The culprit!!  
Oh it's a rather unappetizing post rite? At least, it was not as gross as the night before!

No comments: