click me!!

Thursday 2 July 2009

Anti-kentang movement.. bye potatoes...

Potatoes.. one of my comfort food (together with bread)... are fondly part of my diet. Was walking past the supermarket aisle - the Ruffles, the Calbee are all screaming out @ me..  The digestives, the oreos, the cookies all knew my middle name.. Huh.. my lovely chocs too (okie.. i only like the DARK ones).. Wonder if I'm getting neurotic... hahaha... Recently, a lot of new foodstalls sprang up at the pockets of spaces below the MRT Station... a bakery/confectionery.. hotdog stall.. stall selling the economical beehoon/nasi lemak (and equally lemak side dishes - mostly cooked in HOT oil -i.e. fried) Walking pass the row of shops daily was akin to walking pass "sin factories"!
Vocabulary that ran through my mind as I passed by the various shops:
  • Bakery with trays of bread (not forgetting the scent of freshly baked bread) "sinful", "fats.."
  • Economical beehoon/nasi lemak stall - "deadly"
  • Bubble tea - "empty calories"
Haha... seriously, I never crave for them anyway.. just that the veto against carbs & fats are just making them extra repulsive. I prefer the healthier version.. liked baked potatoes.. wholemeal/ multigrain bread.. & fruits & veg... I know that they are essential to the body, and certainly am NOT gonna ditch them.. i need my vitamins & minerals from the veg/fruits too... just reduction and forgo-ing the ultra killer starchy ones...
byee my lovely carbs...
Nah, I am not into the Atkins diet or those crash-diets... was juz given a directive (sorta) by "evil simpson" (See his facebook face is a simpson character!) to cut carbs (cuz gotta drop mass - aka fats - muscles are good.. fats are not) so as to improve my running time.. T_T" so i came to point blank of how difficult it is to eat sensibly again.. (after a long while of crappy consumption...) okie.. so i made a public declaration (sorta) of my "embargo" against the BAD carb in facebook. Never expect the immediate responses (or peeps will even reply to the status. haha).. and doing it in the likes of "parables", estelle bingo-ed on the underlying meaning...  oh well, at least I get a pat on the shoulder from the originator (or rather inspirator) of this "anti-kentang movement".. t_t"



Hopefully, at the end of this, I need to change the wardrobe again... as such, gss is not an attraction to me this year . ahha. cuz the clothes fitting now will be (by faith) loose fitting again.. haha.. And yes, it works only if I'm disciplined to abstain. :)
*no worries.. I do know of the extreme effect of over-dosage of proteins/ and the adverse effects of lacks of minerals & vitamins. thank God I studied biology and it was one of my fave subjects. :)

No comments: