click me!!

Saturday 9 May 2009

Daunting 15 km..

Sigh, shouldn't have been THAT gungho and signed up for two long runs.. without much training.. (except for the 5-7 km twice a week (thrice if I'm extra-fired-up)
  1. the 15km (non-competitive) leg of the passion run (which is like happening in two weeks time..) and the most i ran was 10km?
  2. the 10km SHAPE run in mid July
I looked @ the map of the 15km route.. nearly fainted... it takes the car travelling at the expressway speed limit 10+ minutes to complete .. so it's not a short distance.. (okie, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.. and I'm ultra lame in the middle of the nite..)

I will run at least 10km later today or.. sunday morning..

Vain reward of the runs (and the grueling foodlog I gotta jot down and send.) - ill-fitting clothes of the past, size of hips overcome the purpose of waistbands of the stiffest material such as unstretchable denim- so that you an excuse to get that blinkblink belt., and wearing shorts in the scorching weather without much bulge.. :) and VALID excuse to overhaul the wardrobe.. (oh yeah, sounding like the perfect bimbotic shopaholic.. )

With that said, I got a phone call from the safra run hotline asking if I'll be entering the run this year.. reply not too sure and asked if which category if I'm interested in.. same reply - not sure. Eh.. I think I need a rest before embarking on that year end 1st half marathon rite?

Note: I'm not really a running fanatic.. and nope, started running not because of entering the races or what.. (hello, me not competitive runner..) but feels good after the run (especially if you are running on the road and not the treadmill) and felt real thankful that God has given me able limbs to take me to places without mechanical aids ... Oh well.. I guessed the subtle addiction to running stemmed from walking home from the train station .. and i even walked home from sch under the scorching hot sun for the fun of it..  (while i was still staying in marine parade and dhs was still in dunman road) - okie, on hind sight, it was not that far... oh i missed those days ... digress..

Gosh.. it's 10 minutes to 5am... snooze time!

No comments: