click me!!

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Trip down memory lane

Last Saturday, met Jadyn to head down to the dingy coffeeshop behind the what used to be called hollywood theatre (now it's SSS) but all will be gone after 31 August this year.

Not that I'd many weekends spent in that area prior to our shift to jw back in 2001. (but that area used to be my playground cuz my sec sch was a stone throw away till it was relocated to Fort Rd).


The duck rice stall was cleaning up by the time we reached, so we settled for the 板面.



The last time I was there was in 2006 cuz at the point in time, I was at 'studying' at the Pru academy - was at the singpost building.. Hmm wonder how life would have been it I'd stuck it out then instead of saying Tata the day I got the license! Na.. I avoid them like plague during their roadshows so I believe that it will likely be a case of sowing & reaping.. ;p

Anyway the lunch brought back memories.. Of school.. Of when I first step foot into my second home.. (though I distinctively remembered passing by the Hollywood theatre one of the Sundays after breakfast many eons ago.. I wonder why so many teens congregating in the old defunct theatre.. Didn't occur to me that a few years later, I too contributed to that backdrop.)
The sad thing is that quite a number of those who were there then aren't ... Wish them well.. ;)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: