click me!!

Sunday 24 July 2011

the running weekend

Alright, I wasn't exactly a running manic but it was a genuine oversight that I signed up for the marina 21 (half marathon) to realised that the Shape run was the morning after..

Glad that I didn't missed the Cgc session cuz the half mara was in the evening.. But was 20min late due to miscommunication.. ;( nonetheless it was good!!

Met j thereafter for the run - the 'culprit' that asked me along for the run.. Had my caffeine dose at old town while j grabbed a bite - I'd a blueberry muffin earlier prior to the Cgc session.. It was still way too early when we reached the garden by the bay via the shuttlebus..

Ended up enjoying part of Ndp action ..

























Quite an pleasant experience while waiting for time to pass and learn a bitsy more abt j. Impressed.. Black belt wo! ;p




My bib!



Coincidentally, both our shoes were both red! So in line with the Ndp theme! ;)

Should have ran with j, perhaps my timing will be better..but I guessed subconsciously, I may be conserving energy for the shape run the next morning..

Route was boring but glad to catch a glimpse of the firework somewhere along the winding loops..



Night view.. ;)

Headed to the old airport market after the run for dinner but I'd not much of an appetite so I merely had a honeydew milkshake.. No cab in sight hence was unable to get home earlier..

To get up for the shape run, I set multiple alarms since I only got to bed at ard 2, after reading about the demise of Amy Winehouse.


So.. In short, woke up in zombie state after 2+ hrs..



Seas of blue!


Thanks to the lack of portable pottie... Started the run at the end of the pack - so took me extra effort to squeeze thru the walkers. Happy to finish in 57:06 (actual time, gun time was 59++ .. Took us 2 min to head to start point)









Headed to shower at true fitness at suntec for shower but alas, I lost my house keys (think cheapo club member there took my keys cuz it was a old n battered Agnes b keychain) called the club but noone returned ;(


Freshened n ready for service but certainly not at the hall below but at the other far end. ;)

Officially tired now.. Amazingly I ate not much today.. So healthy! Aiming towards the 50 mark which seemed so tough to attain.. 4+ more to cut!

Still all glory to God, that I managed to run two races back to back, without much training & with the splash attack and all.. I'm not that distracted and accomplished a faster 10k record- though my fastest was 56:30ish..

Bumped into pastor Aries after service.. He must have thought I'm a running machine.. Lol ;)

Yay USS day tmrw!!!

No comments: