click me!!

Saturday 30 January 2010

Poverty-mindset

Cuz of the mng discount card that i possess - and there's 10% disc until 31 Jan upon showing the sms & vip card,  one colleague, naming her C for convenience sake) went shopping with me during lunch time yesterday...

Personally, I think she's more asset/cash rich than me - considering her age, she can be my mom- so naturally richer la.. But her mindset.. nope..

Question: Is it a waste of money to go to the professional to do a manicure/pedicure.. especially if it's an important occasion? C was astonished that I paid $28 for my mani (which I thought was reasonable) and commented that why I don't I pay her lesser to do it? (!!!!) Told her nicely that cuz the professional peeps will remove the cuticles and buff and shape the nails, hence better than a d.i.y - she restorted that she won't have dead skin cells since she did a lot of washing.. - Doh.. the external layer of our skin ARE ALL DEAD CELLS!  So i retailed that similarly, I don't go to the beauticians to do facials (cuz I don't think I need that yet.. ) so if one spend on pampering the face, the amount I did not spend, i pamper my hands.. * decided to ignore her after that cuz.. it's a mindset problem*

Then @ mng, she didn't buy the pants that she initially liked but bought another top instead (cuz it was cheap.. - it was $29 before the disc..) I saw this cutesy meow tee and it was (to me) at a alright amount.. uhm.. it was only $35.. Thought it was the year of "cat" (okie, tiger.. but the tigers embossed on the CNY decos are so cutesy.. ) and there's still 10% disc.. so I bought..  C was shocked that I paid $30+ for a tee.. so i replied that the material of my top is much thicker than yours ma..

Gosh.. come on, if i donned a blinkblink ed hardy tee and when she realised the price tag, she will be blown over..

Oh please, if you can spend that a few hundreds @ G2000..  what's the big deal of a $30+ tee.. (I guessed she would think I'm mad to spend $90+ on a pair of shorts rite?) Oh well.. doh...  i won't go shopping with them ever again... Cuz till now, another of my colleague still harped on the black (limited edition) hello kitty mac mirror that I bought( after sooo long..).. cuz it cost $40+ (but hey, it's a dual mirror - with a normal mirror and a magnifying side!)

but here's the meow tee I bought.. :)

oh, yeah.. I think she might think I'm crazy to tithe my 10% of my bonus too.. (she's too of the same faith...) which I happily did earlier this morning!! :) Uhm,  since God provided me with the 100%, i simply just return only 10% mah, afterall, the gah men made us contribute a larger percentage to our cpf account ... :)

No comments: