click me!!

Sunday 3 January 2010

I cut my wrist with my nails!


It's not a failed attempt at suicide. I was juz trying to grab a tissue to dab at è lil pimple which i'd scratched by accident and bled slightly. But my thumb brushed ever lightly across my wrist and i saw a piece of skin came attåchd to my thumbnail!( N my nail ain't that long, juz 2 mm over my thumb.)
Gosh, è spot which my nail has dug into turned crimson!!

Nt too sure if i'd burst anything major- on hindsight, unlikely- i did what i'd recalled from first aid - clean, put on plaster, apply pressure, elevate. Was darnd worried when è plaster look very staind, despite elevation, i put an ice cube over è wound. Uber numbing effect. Changed a plaster and that wound bled slightly still. But nt so painful, hence took è above pix to 'commemorate'. Still it was not as bad as è cut i'd in è middle of my left palm while i was 8 or 9- i was cutting soap with penknife while holding è soap on my palm. That was ouch n rather bloody!

Anyway, yup, strong long nails are dangerous! Greater motivatn for me to keep short nails! But that meant- no pretty manicures! :(

No comments: