click me!!

Sunday 16 August 2009

Yay! I made it back in one piece from the AFM!

Despite the snail pace i was doing and enjoying the last moments of music on my iPod shuffle, [it died at the 20km mark.. at first i thot it was low-battery. Turned out that it was drowned by my perspiration (cuz the button was stained with pink moisture.. drats!).], I managed to finish the AFM in 2 hours 36 min (according to the timer, but it took me a while to move to the START point, so it should be slightly less than that.)!! *And I only slept for at most 3 hours!! - which explained why i was knocked out after my lunch @ 12:30. Slept till 16:00

Took a cab down to the venue.. [cuz i missed the sale of the tickets to the shuttle bus - only discovered that it'll be sold @ safra mt faber after the sale date was over. :( ] Found myself in midst of mainly males when i cross the padang field. - not surprising.. it's the ARMY half marathon. Was still yawning away when i walked to the starting point (Esplanade Bridge). Before i knew it, the horn was sounded and off we go.

For the very first time, I ran up the Sheares Bridge and not walked (cuz it's in my mind that it's energy consuming to run uphill...) .. and I completed the whole 21km without walking (except slowing down @ water point to drink). Not too bad after all, considering my left knee started to emit signals of pain @ the 5km mark.. (it might be due to the shoe - as e has pointed out - time to get a new pair!). Prayed for healing during the run.. and the pain sorta eased away and didn't bother me that much. And yes, for the first time, didn't over-watered my system, hence no full bladder effect. Speaking of which, I was initially shocked @ the sight of a row of guys standing back facing us @ a bend near the marina boulevard  @ the start of run.. Turned out that they are taking a pee. And sighted more of the males in front that ad-hocing bounced into the bushes and water.. So convenient to be a male right, can ease the bladder as and when he pleases.. - not very civilised though, but okie, its organic fertiliser for the trees and grass.. LOL.

Sadly, it was cloudy @ dawn so didn't manage to catch the sun rising.. but enjoyed this run far better than the SHAPE run (despite that this is twice the distance..) cuz there are music, entertainers, and mascots from the various army unit divisions ( some of them are quite cute! ).. Was glad that the iPod shuffle only died @ the Esplanade at the 20km point. Else, it will be boring and not much of a motivation..

Was glad to see throngs of humans at the start point at the bend on the Esplanade bridge (the 6km fun walk) - which meant that I was on track on my targeted timing of under 3 hours. - thought that the flagoff time for the 6km was 8:30am - hence, was surprised that the clock @ Victoria Concert Hall was only 5 minutes to 8. !! Made a mad dash @ the last 500m and happy to finish with the timing of 2 hours 36min 24 secs (on the timer at the finish line). So the actual timing should be slightly less than 157 min.
Snapped this while waiting for the bus.


Collected the finisher medal, took a bus down to Chinatown to meet family for brekkie... :) to refuel.
 
多记's 肠粉 - i love the sauce! And i've ate it since I was a toddler? :)

 
鱼粥,鱼生 from 天天粥. 
Similarly, like the 肠粉, I've ate it from young. Cuz it was a weekly family routine for whole family to head down to Chinatown Food Centre for brekkie from as far as my memories could recall. Cuz my granddad (before he passed away) used to have a stall next to these two stalls in the days before the Chinatown market came into existence..  

Headed home to assist mum with the shopping for grocery after breakfast and it was bedtime thereafter..Good thing that I didn't attend S4, cuz prolly i would be snoozing thru service.

Gosh, I am still hungry.. time to find food to eat.

No comments: