click me!!

Thursday 6 August 2009

feeling extremely guilty after consuming a thin slab (1/2 of a 1 cm slice of durian strudel from Goodwood Park) and with the upcoming safra bay run (and I've yet run a half marathon yet....), i decided to take a short run last evening.

Original plan was to cross the tampines park connector (the mysterious bridge that Jess was telling us that can link directly to Hai Shing... - which I found finally on sunday - after walking home from Jess' place) to tampines JC, to loyang, back home. But I took the right turn instead of left turn after coming out to the main road and went ahead towards tampines north primary school and the esso mobil mart instead.. Realised that I was heading towards the Sun Plaza after seeing the MRT tracks.. I've two plans - Plan A turn back and re-trace route (but boring!) Or continue ahead, and run along the MRT track and hopefully, find the pasir ris flyover... * did i mention that I started my run @ around 1930?*

Needless to say, I went ahead with Plan B (after seeing other joggers running from the direction I intended to head.) Oh well, it was kinda scary to run behind the dim bushes with thick growth of plants/ vegatation on the other side of the pathway and path was lit by the lamppost behind the bushes. Increased my speed at least by twice the speed along that stretch along Tampines Ave 12 towards tampines expressway!

Thought I ran 9+ Km (according to the nike+ sportsband - which i am waiting for the NEW version ~ so I could bring my faulty one for replacement - faulty cuz the clock face is partially coroded) but the map measured 7.3km.. but since it's quite a relax run (with the exception of the dash behind the bushes).. i reckon the safra run in 10 days time should not kill me.. (I target to finish by 830 latest. -since it starts 530) Perhaps I could still make it for service ?

Here's the route that I've mistakenly ran last nite..

No comments: