click me!!

Thursday 6 August 2009

Happy birthday CHC!!

8 years ago, I did not queue to get into the anniversary service @ SIS. 8 years later, I did not have to queue to get into the anniversary service. However, there is a huge difference. 8 years ago, I was a ‘new friend’ and I took a shuttle bus from Kallang MRT and bumped my way in and was whisked inside by ming who invited me. :) Last Sunday, I slept 3 hours and woke up at 5 to cab down to SIS with Sheena (and had a tour around Punggol estate for 15 minutes. Thank God for goggle map on my w705!)

Amazingly, I’ve been in CHC for nearly 8 years! (okie.. 6 days short of 8 years cuz my first service was the 12th anniversary which fell on 12 August 2001). Hence, SIS will always hold a special place for me cuz it was where I found my spiritual home. Never did I imagine that I would be one of the young peeps crowding around at the dingy old Hollywood theatre (okie, was from dhs but haha not part of the dhs revival though.. and ya, though dhs was very near Hollywood chc then but haha.. not reached though..) during weekends.. whenever I pass by that area.. but never say never..

Anyway, what motivated me to go is another story all together, but truly, the feelings and emotions felt then and on Sunday was very different. And I am GLAD I did walk down the steps to the huge nothing and responded *despite not raising my heavy hand* (literally heavy CUZ I was MUCH bigger in size then… hahaha… )

I won’t say that the 8 years was a bed of roses (far from it.. maybe the torns from the roses made up MOST of the bed then..) but it was truly an enriching experience and that God truly waste no experience, good or bad.

Did not really do signs and wonders in the past 8 years, but I did what I could to contribute to the bigger picture. I am privileged to have great leaders that have mentored/ discipled me, and found great friends who we have fun together serving God and the congregation… and haha.. most of them are younger than me.. * okie.. one of the best thing out of the 8 years was that I look younger now than I was 8 years ago!* haha.. :) Serving God preserve youth! Lalala.. like my lame joke my secret beauty product – ‘hallelujah cream’!

Was very touched (and ministered) by the anniversary service * though I was trying to keep upright on the choir stand during service 1* prolly due to lack of sleep – will have the tendency to feel faint if I closed my eyes... and hence opted not to serve for service 2. Glad I didn’t and sat with my cg.

Loved my crystal block & pink brolly. :) And what the pioneer members (i.e. most of them are either pastors or leaders) shared on stage made me teared a great deal. And really, they have paid the price for the next generation (i.e. us) and I am so very proud to become one of the piece of puzzle that made up chc. :) I love my pastor and his wife, without their sacrifices, many of us will not be where we are.


And yes, more is to come.. :) and willing I am.:)

Some pictUres to commensurate the event.. taken by others..


The soprano & tenors serving S1 - smile.. :)



just before the service begin proper!


trying to gather the ply cards!

No comments: