click me!!

Sunday 16 August 2009

The unavoidable question

Every year, for weekend service of this nature/purpose, without fail, i'll be posed with the same question after he/she realised that I have yet attended. (most thought that i have went thru sot oredi...) And my reply is usually the same. I flashed them my smile.

It's not as if I don't want to. Else, why would it appear in the column on the right? It is just a matter of when. Or is it?

Hmm... I disagree with one of my friend's opinion regarding being trained in the Word. Her comment was - I don't think it is a necessity that all Christians have to go SOT (ie bible school). Her views stemmed from the fact that some of graduates turned out to be in a much worse state than non-graduates. Hence, one can grow equally well in their spiritual walk with or without being in bible school, it's a matter of your heart.

Alright, I ,being one who loves to know more, agree with her, aside the fact that it's the same with or with being formally/ professionally trained in the Word. Nope, I am not hungry for yet another cert (else, i would have gone for a master, or take the long-procrastinated CPA exam... or perhaps, i am not that keen in the subject of mAtter..) or that yeah, the length of study has reduced.. can get the cert now in 5mths (or 6 mths next year) compared to 10 mths ..

I guessed it is the sheer luxury to be in God's presence and being properly equipped with the knowledge and practical know-how that made it a 'have-to-do' and not a 'good-to-do' option. And yes, it's more than info overload, it is the experiential knowledge and character molding that one will not experience that extensively should it be left to 'DIY' (ie @ the comfort of your own timing and pace and 'self-study'). *I guessed I would have qualify for 'exemption' should i be in, had completed the mass bs classes available two years ago.. but even if qualify for exemption, think i would still attend class.. - typical ks s'porean ... i'm the rare spieces that seldom skip tutorials/ lecturers... (*think less than 5 times in my ntu days?) haha..

Anyway, the day i will wear a mortar board again will come soon... time to sleep.. waking up in 3 hrs time...


okie.. my case as to the multiple-delays -

No comments: