click me!!

Tuesday 31 March 2009

the prick in the finger tip..

oozed out a tickle of blood..  And I've not done it for the last two years.. [Last test I remembered, the result was alright. Think it should be a 5+ mmol/l (towards the higher range of 5) reading.. within the norm spectrum.]

Decided to visit my GP to do the much dreaded blood test.. *Note: I've been consuming food as per peeps without my condition, just that I practice moderation and my tooth ain't particularly sweet.. Don't think peeps ard me know abt this little *sweet*  condition of mine - hey, I think I'm much healthier than some of those without this sweet condition! Perhaps the regular runs and training help in blasting the fat cells, in turn keep the weight in check -

My GP was very pleased with the result.. - It read 5.3 or 93mg/l. Woot! In the healthy range and @ the lower spectrum of the healthy range. And he self-congratulate himself of my excellent condition - cuz it's still in check in spite of the 2 year lapse of check-up (haha..) - he was beaming with joy *Think I must be one of his best patient!* He was relating on how bad the condition of some patients he has encountered.. the blood glucose content of that patient was so high that the meter can't register a reading and could only show "high"..

So me being diagnosed with this nagging condition since 2001 and still healthy in check..I should say, it's not too bad..  And yes, having this condition doesn't make me less normal than peeps ard me.. Same diet really! (okie, not really.. I watch what I eat since I gotta document them down else risk tougher training!) I picked up running last July (at a rather "ripe-old-age" and completed my first 10km last Dec in 70min (which includes loo time & walking).. going for my 1st 15km in May and prolly half marathon for the standchart run in Dec (still deliberating should i join the safra thingy again - but the huge crowd is big turn-off!)

No doubt I didn't get the instant healing in the various healing conference, God heals through medication too..

Oh.. something ironic - the world commemorate/ "celebrate" (oh yes, this was the word used in the official website) on my birthday (ie. 14November).. haha.. ironic rite?

And for the record, unlikely i got this condition cuz of consuming large quantum of sweet stuff (i don't have a sweet tooth!) cuz  it's in the genes (yep, it rUns in the family)..  and if not for the detection during my pre-employment checkup (I was still in my last sem of final yr @ ntu) - I would not have that personal encounter with God in Mount Alvernia.. and haha.. i would not be in CHC.. (i'm digressing ...) And not too sure how my *sweet* situation will be like..

In short - cuz the result of the urine test detected abnormal glucose level - the missy (aka nurse) wanted me to do another blood test to confirm - and that made me more nervous.. - so while waiting for the blood test result (alone) - i was wandering in the garden, worrying about the confirming result when I heard this comforting voice that reassured me that everything's gonna be alright and HE is in control in spite of the situation.. Oh yeah, that's God. [Oh yes, I did say the sinner's prayer myself in my room after reading the green little booklet passed to me @ bedok interchange when I was Sec 2 but haha didn't tell anyone. Didn't attend church until my best pal Sandi (oh, we were in the same class from P6 to Sec 4!), who brought me to church (another long story but I wasn't regular .. not comfortable, i guessed) then was in States pursuing her music degree and haha i stopped going to service. - just tooo lazy to attend service on weekly basis and since sandi was away.. ahah.. no opportunty to go lo..  ya, I'm a U1. ]

That word & touch gave me the strength & faith to console my mom - she was devastated to learn of this and also to complete my final sem exam.. - wa.. else i'll be like fretting and worrying - haha.. but i know of this power prayer that I used to pray when in fear (cuz I don't know how to pray and that was the prayer that I found in the my bro's Bible - (it wad KJV and i haha.. memorise by heart !) and the Lord's prayer never fail to instil peace .. so in turn, this was what I told God - I'll attend & be rooted in the first church that my friend (anyone actually) that invites me to.. *so it was during one of the vnr (my jc eca) gatherings a few months later that huiming passed me an invite to her church anniversary celebration @ sis. So ya.. i went - haha.. no one pick me up at mrt station wo.. i "garangly" queued with the throngs of peeps, popped onto the shuttlebus (THat was the ONE and ONLY time I ever take shuttle bus to SIS) and miraculously was brought into SIS without queuing - haha- (don't remember how oso..) so.. i didn't remember wat the service was about.. just know that haha.. i was there to respond to the altar call... i think i was just waiting for the end of the service lo.. but I didn't raise up my hand..but haha.. the dear sister next to me, meiwen, asked, so i did. Actually if not for the follow-up call from sis evelyn, I would have ended up in sandi's mom church (but it was CHINESE church).. cuz she was just reaching out to me that evening (after showing me a real life-story video) when sis evelyn called me just after.)

And the rest is history...See all things work for good for those who love God!

I digressed!! but I fulfilled my daily quota of words. Yes, U1 does exist.. Now i want to find the like-minded U1.

No comments: