click me!!

Friday 13 March 2009

It's all about eYes...

Yep, it was the first "life-style" theme meeting we had last evening @ feli & augustine's, and I was part of the organizing team with elim & summer... Glad that the attendees enjoyed themselves and yep i guessed most took away something practical & useful.. Oh yep, the theme for was "Fashion & Make-up".

Gotta admit that it was a rather last minute thingy since we didn't really get the chance to meet up .. but thank God it went well (just that insufficient time to let them try the skills out...)

Decided to focus on DRAMAtic eye make-up since I don't reckon that the gals (unless they party a lot or have to perform on stage) are that well acquainted with this.. AS my make-up skills are mostly self-taught/caught (cuz I get to be Catherine's & Yvonne's "guinea pig" while they were in make-up minstry class.. so yep, picked up some tips from the best of the best...) and yup, with God's given inspiration ... I couldn't possibly teach them anyhow.. so decided to googled on easy to comprehend articles on makeup tips... and adapted two of the articles from some of the "how-to" sites.. :)

Was inspired to do a powerpoint too.. cuz.. look more pro ma, and I am using the comp more than 50% of awake-time... And the slides doubled up as notes.. so thoughtful of me rite? haha.. but cuz I did the slides within an hourr @ the eleventh hour... during lunch break on cg day ... YIKES henceforth there is no opportunity for rehearsal .. Still it went relatively well.. Was glad that I've a wonderful supermodel.. Used the glittery fakies I bought in HK sasa during last trip (didn't dare to put in on cuz tooo voom voom.) but it looks great on summer and will come in handy when she's singing for dialect.. so...transfer of ownership to her.. :)

Some snapshots of my "呕心之作"

the coverpage of the slides...
and the notes for the attendees.. :)


And my make-up collection (the "spares") i.e. not those that I always use. but no worries, haven't pass their shelf-life yet. (Think mostly are stuff for the eyes.... ) And yup, some thought it was our combined collection (HAHA.. nope, think this is like 55%, another 30% my personal fave, the reminder, still in their packaging waiting to be used...)

Was packing my make-up stuff on wed nite before cg to sieve out the "okie to share" and my personal faves (Eh.. some stuff not hygienic to share - eg lip stuff... and brushes (but that can be washed...) and foundation - i only have my own shade.. (cuz me not make-up artiste , so i guessed can only help those of my skin tone to do a full make-up) . I figured I'd spent quite a lot of moolah on these glob you layered on your face ... cuz haha... no drugstore brand there.. oh except for one cybercolor eyeliner... cuz I believe that if I gotta apply foreign stuff on my face, gotta be quality stuff..

Hmmm, realised that I kinda enjoyed dolling up others...

Was caught by surprise of a question raised by one ... "Why do we need to wear make-up? When we are younger, our complexion was good. Is it due to fact that our skin has matured? But God has given us natural beauty... (and seriously, i can't remember what else she commented. .. but to the opinion that one should not put on make-up)

Aiyo... I know God has created each of us individually and wonderfully BUT we live in a broken down world whereby nothing last forever and yep, things degenerate... Frankly, it's up to the individual whether you want to look good.. or look good in your own opinion.. (but that will be hard to win others over... if you look totally out of place... for eg. During prospective interviews, you will dress to impress the interviewers that you are the MAN/WOMAN for the job rite? Imagine u are sloppily dressed ??) Even the non-living-physical church building will be corroded by the natural elements (wind/rain/etc), what makes the living temple (i.e. us) not subject to the "wear & tear" with time... Hence, gotta upkeep & maintain .. (Like what the town council is doing to my block now.. Painting.. HAHA)

And I thank God for the patience for... not giving her my 5 cents worth on this.. hence I blogged ... (actually there are more "challenging" stuff that I get to talk to her while walking to the Kembagan but don't think it's that convenient to share... but I'm glad I've His wisdom to understand stuff. Maturity & understanding is not co-related to age.

Haiz, when I need personal me time, He always make me talk to peeps..

So hence, I self-declared today as my me-time day... Taking a day of leave.

No comments: