click me!!

Tuesday 17 February 2009

It aint' that far afterall..

Since the fortnightly session was called off.. I get to join my colleagues for a jog! Initially, we thought of just running to Keppel Island and back.. (cuz one of my colleague, yp,  ain't used to running..) Made a casual sugggestion just before the turn into Keppel Bay Drive to try running to PSA instead.. To my surprise, the other 2 gals were game for the idea, hence change of route.. Frankly it wasn't too far.. and at a very comfy pace.. Did a check (wasn't wearing my nike+ enable shoes, so couldn't get the distance @ real time.. ) Figured out should be less than than 5km since we came back & fro in 35-40 min @ easy pace.. (my usual comfy timing is abt 5km in 32min) Indeed.. it was about 4.2Km. Still have the energy for another round but think it might be a bit too much for the gals.. henceforth... adjorned home after the run..

At this rate, I seriously think that it might be possible to hit 21km by June. Yay!

Moral of story... Things aren't as difficult as it seemed.. Cuz yp was lamenting that she definitely could not finish the run (cuz her stamina ain't that great.) BUT she completed the run without walking throughout! hence.. dun let your mind determine the outcome prior to even trying!!

Perhaps I should attempt 21km this sat am @ the beach? think the loyang road might be a bit too ulu for me..

Here's the link to the route run this evening..

No comments: