click me!!

Saturday 7 February 2009

Day of catching up.. & more

Had a great time earlier.. :) Catching up with two of ex-cg members.. and trying to get to know two of my new cg-members..

Visited Joyce @ her place with Corinth.. Great fellowship & catching up.. :) i missed the times chatting with them... and the fun times we have in cg. Both of them have moved on to another stage in life.. I'm marching on spot. Soon soon... I will get moving...

Due to the lengthy journey (and under-estimation of the journey time from cck to orchard, )was kinda late in meeting Imelda & Summer. Went to Indochine wisma - the sanctuary.. Great music by the resident band - cats in cradle.. but what I take away is the opportunity to interact with the lovely gals.. and it was really good bonding.. :) Like minds interact... Glad that alcohol has no effects on me.. :) but I only have one cocktail though.. lovely name.. sex on the beach.. haha nah, i won't have the guts to do that.. just the name of the drink..like it cuz of the cranberry.. Lame as it sounds, summer's drink was safe sex on the beach.. haha safe cuz was a mocktail.. HAHA

Cg meeting on thurs was once again not the norm.. once again, i 'escaped' taking testimony.. I guessed that that session was a session for some of the members to lash it out.. But seriously, I thank God for the wisdom to be able to see where their grievances stamp from AND yet, totally understand why we are still doing what we are doing.. There's no perfect/catch all solution, but there should be a balance ...

I don't deny the fact that all of us have different needs .. but there should be a give and take.. AND seriously, if every cgm is purely a meeting the needs sessions, won't it be JUST another social gathering.. @ whatever venue..  it's willl be an art to incorporate spiritual into the natural.. yet I feel that weekly pure sharing/fellowship session may not be the answer... missing the spiritual aspects of it all, what difference does it make from another social gathering?? Essence... Spiritual aspect...  And it takes more then two hours of weekly meeting up to get to know someone better.. It's really going the extra mile, taking interest to get to know... It's not the time/venue/setting/method.. it's our mindset.

I am not being religious, and I certainly don't think I've arrived and know it all. Iron sharpens iron. Nope, not just seeking for more info, more sermons, but I guess it's a quality and not quantity. Yet I guess what's evident now is the lack of meaningful, in-depth relationship.. but there again, there is a need for in-depth word which the weekly mass message may not address (cuz not all can comprehend...) And true that being in church for quite sometime will mean that you might have heard some of the sermons before BUT we are all at different stages in life- spiritually & physically. And there are things that we might not understand a few years ago that we finally come to the revelation. Else, you will only need to read the Bible once thru and c'est tout?

or perhaps, I'm seeking for something more... not the quantity, but the quality... I seriously don't believe that the spiritual walk is static and certainly not a solo journey ...

I don't deny the fact that we have to adapt /change with time.. but there are things that we can't compromise on.. but there are things that we can do in excess but then again, not all are willing to commit.. Sigh.. no perfect solution... cuz the world , fallen, ain't perfect..

No comments: