click me!!

Wednesday 1 October 2008

"Duathlon"

I think I'm either out of sorts or I have too much energy to spare... I think was almost doing a "duathlon" today.. (alright with a couple of hours of rest in between!) yep.. I ran 6km and cycled two+ hours (and only ate a grilled chicken bun happy meal in between to fuel that...)

Only two months left to Dec... decided to hit the gym before meeting the rest @ east coast... Did a 6K on the treadmill.. and meddled with some of the machines.. (which was a silly idea to work my lower limbs - but didn't expect to cycle like 2+ hours...) I was really impressed by this cauasian guy with a prosthetic hand that he was still working out on his upper body @ intensity that would shame many of the able-bodied chaps around - I didn't realised that he was using a prosthetic limb cuz only saw his side profile.. until he was using the machine opposite me..

The cycling thingy was fun at first.. until we cycled to & fro from the area towards changi beach back to PA to mee summer.. haha -- think my over-worked legs silently staged rebel on the way back.. and i took like eternity.. But it was a good session.. :) got to know a couple of great gals better... like weiling & yajing.. :)

I relished the solitude moments spent on the way back.. Sigh, maybe be it's 近朱者赤,近墨者黑. haha I think I somehow caught this hermit feel from ... But i like the peace to think... to ponder... And.. Oh yes.. I really dislike the crowded parts of east coast park until we cycled past towards Changi beach area.. It was like being transported to another place that's so not Singapore...

 
Picturesque! (and caught summer's back view too!!)

 
see the purple "lalang" summer's  holding... Pretty! Tsk, I should have pulled my tee a bit.. :(  My hair so unglam!!

 
the purple lalang.. :) I like

 
I love this bright yellow my lemonhead tee! (Thank goodness that manger is now at novena, else it's over my dead body to wear that to gym! - and that e like to tease me on this.. sigh.. shouldn't tell him when it happen.. but then, i won't know so much more.. ) Oh yeah, i took this after dolling myself up and in the toilet.. Couldn't be doing it in the changing room wo..
On another note, it's has been 3 months since i started to maximize the full use of my gym membership.. and yep, enlisting myself back to the empire.. results not too bad so far.. has snipped off 4 off the scales and keeping that off.. :) Sad.. some of my pants/skirts are now in a state of tug and goes southwards.. I can go shopping during Christmas.. hehe.. :)

No comments: