click me!!

Monday 29 May 2006

It's alive!!

Yups.. amazingly.. the desktop came alive again... after 9 days... wonder why my desktop tend to die then resurrect? Hmmm.. maybe I'd healed it? hmm was very very surprised to see the XP start up instead of MS doc screen... I reckon that Max was very surprised too.. (oh.. the ibm engineer was called max.. What a coincidence.. Max helped to set with the inital set-up.. Another max helped me to fix it up... ) Well.. not really fixing.. but helping me to check.. after checking and checking... (still no bugs) and the only reason he reckon it to be maybe due to the two RAM in my desktop, so he took out one.. (the kingston 512 one... leaving the s-l-o-w 256 ibm RAM inside..) He advised me if i can't stand the processing speed (XP recommended to run @ 512 RAM..), i could self- disassemble and place in the 512MB one...(and he taught me how.. )

after backing up the fotos and songs.. and the necessary... I preformed the shut down and tried to change the RAM... thought i succeeded.. then it went beeeping non-stop.. so, after a few attempts.. i gave up and called max again.. (ahha.. i think he's buying something when i called him.. ~ well.. he mentioned if anything fails before 31 May, i could call him..cuz the case will be closed after month end..) well. he patiently asked to place the RAM piece in properly... and... gave some more advices.. so after ending the call... i attempted once more... and prayed.. PTL .. no beeping sound.. and it started up! Yay!! (ha.. i used the 512MB and not the 256MB cuz its dead slow...)

hmmm ran my norton full system scan.. no virus.. scan my hard disk... no error sector.. hmmm.. Once again.. it was resurected!!

ha.. he thought i was still in school when i told him i was working.. ahha..i think he's probably younger than me.. (though much taller...) Actually was kinda afraid something might happen.. like a baddie come up instead.. ha.. Thank God nothing happen.. o.. cuz i was home alone..

yay! i saved $$ & my photos... cuz no need reload OS!

yeah.. God is great!! Nothing is difficult to God! (not just because of this.. but because of EVERYTHING.. because of who HE is!!)

No comments: