click me!!

Thursday 13 May 2010

System

I do not considered myself as a systematic person. Perhaps that is one of the main reasons why I don't really see myself sustaining that long in the accounting profession (as such, to date, I've yet to register myself with the icpas even though I have met both the academic and working requirement.)

I don't like routines/ regime. Which explains why I kept complaining about the CRAZY-ever-increasing running schedule thought up by e. Suggested (translate: regardless of situation – timing/distance HAS to be met) training for this week : 10km below 57min and THREE 2hrs run (min distance to be covered = 22km). I nearly killed myself last evening by attempting to do the part 1 of 3 but punctured at 1hr mark but discovered that I did 10km under 55min. Alright, for certain matters, system is good. And he ain't that rigid to make me do it if he knows I'm conditioned for it and on weeks whereby it's not possible to do, there is still flexibility. :) unlike some system.

Inflexible system is infuriating.

Economics 101 teaches me that decision making of mankind is governed by opportunity cost.


Time is a priceless and limited commodity, as such, a (normal) person will effectively make use of it by using time that will yield the greatest satisfaction.

If you are aware that the four hours spent will likely translate to wasted efforts (cuz what you learnt would probably not be handy in many instances unless you are selected) and since the higher authorities already have in mind what/who they have wanted in advance and you know that you are not in the invisible 'priority queue' ( those who met some not transparent criteria and has already knew they were in) – would a reasonable person spent that four hours (with half the time spent in commuting) than to do other things (even resting after a day of work or spending time with family will yield more fruits than mere lip service (pun intended)? Nah, I doubt so.

Politics is at play everywhere. Just that you do see it at work in the open doesn't mean it does not exist. Just because it is not of the world doesn't mean it is not there. Yup, everywhere means EVERYWHERE, regardless. Cause all of us are just human, w.i.p, which explains why we are still here.

Played 'truant' on one or more occasions, thanks to the timely womanly issues which was a legitimate reason but the pain was not exactly more than I could bear, because of my frustration with the system (frustration probably induced by the hormonal changes), the pain self-magnified to the extent it made me sick (our brain is more powerful than we know).

The reason cited for the precious attendance was that you have to be there because you are supposed to be there and you need to discharge the responsibility of being part of that. Regardless of the fact that you might not need to be there but due to the rules and regulations you have to be there. If not, the uncompliant will have to face disciplinary actions. [Sounds like being forced to attend tutorials that you wanted to skip simply because you have to be there else, you face the possibility of flunking the attendance portion of that module…] In my ntu days, I'd skipped less than 5 lectures/tutorials despite how boring the lecture/tutorials were. Explained – I was "kia-su" and "kia-si". Guessed the knocks of life have taught me to apply truancy in redundant situations and functions.

Revelation from the "staircase prep talk": What matters (to them) is now. Old gaps that sealed were not important. Past glory is no glory. Let's give it up to those who are going and still going. No wonder those who were the gap sealers have decided to move on. Longevity is an uphill attribute to attain. Unless you are in the politics? Or you are not aware of the politics.

2 comments:

@ster|x said...

lol. =) i skipped lectures so often in ntu.

mione...iyi said...

haha... u are garang ma... :)
i dun really like the lectures or in essence the acc courses i was doing but nonetheless attend them all.. cuz haha fulfilling all righteousness as a student..