click me!!

Thursday 6 May 2010

cabbage

Cabbage.. One of my favourite vegetables..

(but I am not a fan of the cabbage patch dolls.. they seem kinda scary to me.. )

While rummaging the fridge for edible stuff after gym, saw a head of Chinese cabbage lying in the fridge for days and surprising.. still fresh..

Hence, made this for today's lunch last night.  Nothing fanciful, it was just cutting up the few leaves of cabbages, soaking one portion of vermicelli and some dried shrimps.. and blanching them in water and seasoned with a wee bit of salt and a wee bit of the concentrated scallop sauce i located in the fridge. And it took less than 10minutes.. :) Surprisingly, it turned out rather flavourful despite it was oil-less (think the usual thing to do was to stir-fry the dried shrimps.. Think it was the shrimp's umami fragrance that oozed from the microwave while I was re-heating it up that garnered some comments from some of the ladies passing by the pantry [cuz of the whiff of fragrance!! :)]


it's more yummy than it looks.. :)
 
Anyway, it saves me the hassle of thinking where and what to have for lunch.. :) And not forgetting it'll save me from potential nagging from e who remembered that I've not been sending my foodlog since the Jap trip.. :P

But then, it sustained me only till now.. and I am now grabbing some unwholesome coated green peas to satisfy the hunger pangs..
 

No comments: