click me!!

Wednesday 19 May 2010

Something lost, something gained :)

大头虾..

It's not this lovely crustacean I'm referring to
.


It's yours truly. :(

大头虾 is used (in Cantonese) to describe absent-mindedness..

In mad furry this morning, I've misplaced my well-loved handmade lovely green coin pouch that I bought online on esty a couple of years back. [I chanced upon seabreeze studio on the stumble application on firefox.. :)]

Sobs.. I really like this coin pouch a lot... so whimsical!

I must have dropped it in the cab or else, in downtown east, where I went to withdraw cash for the cab ride.. On hindsight, should I have NOT taken the cab, I would have NOT lost this..

Not that there anything of much value in it. Content of the pouch was : probably less than $5 of loose change, an ezlink card of value less than $20 and my old and beaten gym membership card. [gosh.. it's an antique card since 2001? sentimental value.. :(  ] (after note: i spent $20 on replacing the card only to realise I could have replaced it foc.. darn.. should have ask e first..:( )

Was determined it was truly missing and not left at home - I cabbed home to check during lunch.. but to no avail. :( Made a lost report to the Comfort Cab. No news yet. I wonder who on earth want to take the pouch.. it's so well-seasoned.. :(

Still feeling pretty sore over the missing pouch, I went online to 'reminisce' the lost possession.. and in an attempt to get a replacement. But nope, hope was dashed.. However, after much (not really) deliberation, I soothed the disgruntled spirit by ordering the following :

And...


After taking into consideration of the exchange rate and shipping costs and insurance..  it still not too pricey.. just perhaps no cab indulgence to work for the rest of this week [cuz I've been waking up late and hence.. cabbed.. :( ] but its handmade and not found in SG. :)

And I'm uber impressed by the speediness of the processing of the order. (with the additional insurance request processed within an hour - had to contact the seller separately as the shipping charges quoted on the esty site exclude insurance - it's something additional for the risk-adverse like me) . Yippie!!! My purchases should be on its way to SG from japan.. :)

And now.. i've to head down to the gym to report loss of the membership card and fulfill all righteousness of that MAD e-ritating schedule..
and the torture which follows... at 22:00?

No comments: