click me!!

Tuesday 18 May 2010

Iron

Some of the meanings.usage of the word - iron: (quoted from answers.com)

A. noun:
(Symbol Fe) A silvery-white, lustrous, malleable, ductile, magnetic or magnetizable, metallic element occurring abundantly in combined forms, notably in hematite, limonite, magnetite, and taconite, and used alloyed in a wide range of important structural materials. Atomic number 26; atomic weight 55.845; melting point 1,535°C; boiling point 2,750°C; specific gravity 7.874 (at 20°C); valence 2, 3, 4, 6.

B. adjective:
Strong, healthy, and capable of great endurance: an iron constitution.

C
verb
To press and smooth with a heated iron: iron clothes. OR To remove (creases) by pressing.


It has been a really long while since I did any ironing.. (Ooo.. i think I did attempted to iron a couple of xj's pointy jackets a mth back while at her place..). My mom did not inculcate the notion that clothes need to be ironed, i.e. with the exception of school uniforms - which is now not applicable in the household.. so.. I fathom when friends complained that they have to do ironing.. (They even iron their tees that's to be worn @ home..)

Uhm.. perhaps, my clothes are mostly hand-laundered.. - the machine is saved for massive/heavy items like bed linen, denim. or the togs u don at home...- they appeared to be rather ceaseless after their shower... As such, ironing does not appear as a task in my things to do list.. (though hanging and sorting the cleaned laundry is much dreaded task!)

As there is no strict dress code at work (except that one cannot BEAR too much skin!?),  the hanging shirts were left forlorn in the wardrobe for ages.. the last shirt I wore was I think to the "navyblue" event - * cuz that the only navy blue item found then was a zara shirt bought specially for that event... . the rev BH event at sis.. lol.

I guess one can conclude that i dislike ironing (I could never get the pencil straight lines right on the darts/ folds .. and nice flat sleeves.) I remembered my nighmarish BOX-pleated DHS skirt.. It took me half an hour just to iron that one skirt . (randomly, i dislike BOX-pleated skirts- they enhanced the size of one's hip!!) Not to mention there is the shirt to be ironed.. 

box-pleats

Thus, one main criteria for clothes is that it should not require ironing. I've been wearing more dresses than pants.. cuz uhm.. the pants need to be ironed.. and that's not very convenient for one who doesn't really wake up that early. which explains why I owe many pairs of shorts.. haha cuz lesser material, hence, even when crumpled, it's not that obvious from afar.. lol. but I can only wear them.. on weekends...

Woke up late this morning and was clueless what to wear... Randomly tugged this out from the wardrobe. I had not worn it since its arrival in mail a month ago.. :) It was supposed to be a lucy liu inspired chiffon dress. I'm no fan of the actress (and I've not seen her in the dress which inspired this design) but I fancied the back details.. and looks great on the model (obv!) .. and it was during the cny period when I purchased that item (together with some other pieces) online...

    
camwhored in the toilet.. :) [which explains the "OK" sticker in the background!]

And it look not too bad on me and no ironing required.. :) Great for lazy bones like me who prefer to consume iron (as in the mineral) than to do ironing..

On the topic of iron, oh yes, I've preferred iron man 2 to iron man 1. :) [totally digressed!]

No comments: