click me!!

Thursday 6 May 2010

The easy way out is not always the best way out

I got what I bargained for  - instead of running after pt last evening, e had kindly granted me to do an hour on the cross-trainer instead - cuz of my self-inflicted knee pain.. (the torturous aftermath of the extended wear of heels..)

Usually, I will use the cross-trainer for warmup/ cooling down purposes, hence the longest stint would be say 30 minutes.. 

Being use to perspiring loads during a run, the relatively cooling one hour of cardio seemed like a breeze. The highest heart rate level hit was approximately 120 bpm [which was relatively easy on the heart - think this should just hit my lower limit of the fat-burning zone... translate: it was not at all challenging... ] and which (the screen showed that ) I have blasted 500+ kcal.  [ Usually, my heart rate would be like 150+ to 160+ after an hour run.. with a hundred + kcal more burnt..] Frankly, if not for the TV show that distracted me for the hour, I would have been bored to tears and probably doze off..  Weird but true, I would rather run cuz it's less mundane... still the fat burns.. [Campfire is burning.. campfire is burning... ]

i <3 bbq-ed marshmallows... :)
 
Being less taxing on the body, I presumed there will be nil aching effects the next day, since usually I suffer no aches after my runs, long or short.  Perhaps, it was a combination of e's 'evil doing' - (for example: imagine lifting weights heavier than ur own weight? And  he insisted that it was me that's heavy & not the weights ...!!?!! ) And  me increasing the resistance level of the efx machine. Due to some weird reason - the knee hurted a wee bit at the low resistance. As such, I've decided to increase the resistance level and the pain miraculously went away! 

Unfortunately, I undermined the power of the efx..  The lower limbs protested big time when I woke up this morning.. :o On hindsight, I should have just opted to run instead of doing the efx.. :(
我藐视了它的‘威力‘. but it really work those muscle groups the screen promised to target..

Moral of the story: the easier way out is NOT necessary the best way out. Next time, don't bargain..

No comments: