click me!!

Monday 12 October 2009

above all else


Okie, have been doing quite a bit of online virtual gardening.. (such as the cutesy-easy on the brain games - like farmville-see left, country story and even the garden patches in pet society), so perhaps that's why the analogy I've got regarding the situation was in the pictorial format of ploughing at the barren land and replanting..


And that's what God has been doing for a while.. what seemed to be growing to the Farmer seemd to be NOT to be in the right ground.. so He pulled the plug, removed the existing growing crop and re-tilled and prepared the ground for planting again. Seeds have now been sown.. But the seed being sowed in the ground is buried and can't been seen.. Liken to be "death".. just that if the seed is really dead, it will not have the capacity to grow and burst out of the seed covering and for its shoots to pierce throught the ground, into the light.

I think the seedling is about to emerge from the soil ..

Amazing how He works.. *like my previous post - He knows all things - whether if we admit it aloud or not*.  And how timely that the last I entertained those stuff was minutes before the Word was preached. :)

Above all else, I exalt You... *else.. I prolly won't be doing what I'm doing weekly... cuz it just feels that it's heading nowhere but simply became a habit after five years.*  And i was pretty amazed @ how "enthusiastic" I was in the inital years..  that seemed to have wane.. *so the prep talk in the stairswell sorta fell onto ear-wax-clogged ears - cuz I've been there, done that - continuously until say recent months... not that I don't go the extra - BUT sometimes it just seemed so political and what's the point, just demand more and not really understanding..  but the point is Him.. not the human factor.. so.. until He gives the go ahead.. bite the bullet...

Like how i managed to coax my brain to obey the "ruthless" demand from e to do the following:
  1. 10km on fri - (i did it 2+ mins over an hour... it led to timing restriction on point 2)
  2. 10km on sat- (despite working till 3pm and not really had a proper lunch and ls-ed thrice before hitting the treadmill.. ) and did it 25sec off the stipulated timing (or else - torture awaits.. ) Guess what, the back-to-back made me lost 200grams.. definitely not water loss cuz i rehydrate after that.. or it was the run + those weight reps on fri?
  3. The usual 2 hr run on sun (that deprived my sleeping a bit later for the past one mth - since e started his prep for my marathon -depsite telling him that I am only doing a half for standard chartered run (which is good.. cuz cgl's wedding on the eve of the run - else it will be a rush cuz can't attend service that weekend le.. anyway, the running tee is not as nice as last year.. )
Overslept this morning so, did the 2hr thingy in the evening instead..
And my tired muscles almost gave way this evening after the loop @ end of pasir ris park (the end near aloha chalets..) -  cuz it was turning dark (ard 630) and I was tired. BUT my sheer stubborness to complete and not to break my promise [cuz I felt bad that e nagged non-stop that I didn't keep to the promise - no crappy diet & the stipulated runs.. - i only missed 2 shorter long runs just once- last week.. and he nagged.. and nagged... until i finally agreed to his (not do-able) threat - 500reps per station .. T_T"] oh yeah, I could have spun the white lie that I did but hey, I can't do that .. anyway, it doesn't benefit him regardless if I follow instructions or not.. 

Disclaimer - I don't think e is sadistic, he just knows what I am capable to do and (my avoidance antics) so just gave the EXTRA motivating nags and threats. And this is should be out of his JD i think.. cuz i just pay him technically for an hr of his expertise a week.. ) so.. hence I'm appreciative of his naggings/ dedications.. 

Anyway, while I was pushing myself to finish the last hour - I realised something.. I was going a bit faster cuz of the crazy under 1 hr attempt I did on sat.. which another revelation unrevelled in another dimension - Once stretched, it will not go back to the original state again.  e's "under one hr condition" forced me to run @ least at a pace of 6min/km continously -which i've no choice but to go faster than that cuz of the slow pickup pace during the inital minutes.. Once the mental barrier that 6min/km (i.e 10km/hr on the threadmill speed) is a killer pace to do non-stop ( my comfort zone is anything less than 10km/hr), it was actually achievable feat.  SO.. linking back to the theme .. if i can perserve and push myself naturally, the same can and will applies to the 4th Dimension .. Or it is already happening? :)

And the principle of being accountable.. If I don't need to be accountable to e on the running timings, I'll prolly be stuck at the old speed..  So..yeah, i need to do something else too..

time to zzz.. trying to make it to the am pm @ HoG. :)

No comments: