click me!!

Wednesday 17 March 2010

procrastinate

I guess I'm sorta an advocate of procrastination towards certain decisions or sometimes out of uhm laziness. (Despite telling others not to..)

Some of the little or big decisions I've procrastinated:

I wanted to get my driving license since reaching the legal age of driving but has YET attempt to even book the Basic Theory.

I wanted to learn the piano/ keyboard but has also procrastinated for like uhm many years.. until last year, tris recommended his teacher to me.. but i didn't take up the offer.. cuz i procrastinated..

I wanted to go sot but have deferred from uhm since uhm.. okie.. a long time le. and i've yet went.. and not this year too..

I didn't really enjoy the tax/ biz/ accounting thingy but has not wanted to get out of the comfort zone cuz I've learnt the necessary to get by and built up sufficient technical know how and simply did not want to suffer paycut to go to start all over again.. (Maybe being a Tai Tai will be the easiest way out to get out of this route. lol)

And I went on a month break to defer making the decision to stay or to leave..  (but there's also a poltically correct reason why I am taking a break.. so I used that to tell the one who is in charge..) And in the one short month of break, I really didn't mind not missing out the usual routines but instead, I think I am happier.. And resuming the usual routine last tues (cuz the other meeting was cancelled) made me realised that Yes, I like certain aspect of that (which is the technical part) but dislike most of the others (which is the meet-and-greet-i-don't-think I know your last name session) Or perhaps, those whom I've grown up with have since moved on too.. Or perhaps, it's time as well.. but the conflicting thing was that I actually missed doing the technicalities on stage(even though I don't think I'm exceptionally brilliant at it..but at least I am not like tone-deaf and couldn't catch the harmonizing part despite not being taught officially..) As such, I've NOT conveyed my decision cuz cutting the line would means I won't have a back-up plan. And now, I'm taking a step a week at a time but I don't like it... As for the other direction.. I also not too sure where it is heading... but probably will be much more fruitful? but cutting the line is not that easy and I think the scissors or knife has been hidden somewhere, somehow..

This is getting nowhere.. I will stop procrastinating and start probably on No. 2 or No. 1.

No comments: