click me!!

Tuesday 2 March 2010

Phone woes

My #%$^%- #??!!%* SE phone was cranky again.. It hanged for no apparent reason when I was using the walkman function. And the playnow plus (which was faulty previously and rendered it for repairs last June or so when it was barely a month old..) function was cranky and hanged... I wonder if it was a inherent default to stop functioning close to a year since the unlimited downloading for songs available on playnow plus is valid only for 12 months..  And the headphone jack connection is loose.. and hence music (from the radio - the only form of entertainment that could be played on the phone...) is available if and only if the ear piece is tilted @ a particular angle & position.. (And I thought my earphones was faulty and bought another piece.. thankfully it was not a high-end one that I bought, and i like the hot pink ear buds..)


And right now.. I still have 2 months to on before I'm eligble to purchase a handset (cuz under mio plan.. entitled for handset change every 12 months...) I am tempted to get a replacement phone before that..

And for the time being, I am now using a brand new phone (courtesy of my bro, who won it @ one of his vendor's event.. it was the green telco).. It is not a berry or apple... but it has rather good display.. and it has HD video function.. haha.. But the color was kinda obiang.. it's a limited edition champange gold..  okie.. my phone for now.. -  a samsung I8910 Hd.. not a new phone.. but not too old too.. (that's what my bro said..)


Was mobile surfing on it last night (on wifi) and it was rather speedy... the only cons was that it was uhm.. a tad heavy @ 150g (i think was without battery, not that the battery is that heavy...)

I think the specs otherwise are not too bad.. i think it will make do for the time being.. afterall, it's considered should be considered an upgrade from my w705 (current trade in value @ $200 compared to the samsung's $400 trade-in value, per Singtel's website..).

Great.. I will wait till end May to use the seemed to be working but not working SE as a trade-in should i decide to get a new phone.. OR then again, IT fair is coming mid-march... *hmmm*

I'm not really a gadget person.. just IT-savy enough to satisfy my gadgets needs and not to appear sua-ku.. After.. I did complete the IS (Information System) minor in ntu.. and it's good to know some of the technology stuff... . :)  Never build a PC from scratch before.. the only adventurous thing i did was to unscrew my CPU to change the RAM (cuz it went ringing non-stop suddenly a few years back and google tells me that my ram is faulty and true enough it was... but the same CPU has demised last Oct/Nov)...

No comments: