click me!!

Monday 8 March 2010

Friends I've not met in a decade..

Last thursday, met up a group of ex-DHS classmates (mixture of my lower sec and upper sec classes, cuz some of us were in the same class since sec 1) as a dear friend of ours, Sandi, was finally back in SG after two years plus (cuz her dear hubby was studying his masters in switerzland while she too pursuing hers (think was 2nd) and practising for performance too..).  Amazingly, despite of years of not meeting them up (okay, the last time i met up with them was 2 years ago, at Sandi's concert @ VCH before she left SG..). It's the thing of spending eons of times together during sch that there isn't this 生疏-feeling that you get even you have not met one another for years..

And one of them was tr, who, in his memory that the last he saw of me was in secondary sch.. haha.. Technically speaking 2 years ago. (@ sandi's wedding whereby we were seated at the same table but DID not manage to talk, so perhaps, he didn't realise.. haha) still, i manage to connect with him ..

And the scary thing was that I know these group of friends for like at least a decade.. gosh.. [but I'm still young.. ;) ] and gosh.. i felt one of the least accomplished among them all - just an accountant who refused to get her cpa. (she has procrastinated for many years to apply & sit for the provisional paper, thinking that she will not last THAT long in this industry... ). At the table, there was an Asst Prof in ntu, (who oredi obtaind her phd a couple years back - but hey, she was the top student of her cohort-Finance, i think), a lawyer ( who was like me,  acc-trained, but she switched to law after doing audit for a couple of years), a concert panist (my dearest closet buddie, sandi..  i think she must be the person, other than my family, that know me the longest.. haha)..  Think it's time to pay $ to the icpas ..  and learn driving.. (which i procrastinated too... with a whole load of credible reason but paying $30 a day (including the peak hr surcharge and erp) for waking up late on cab fare is no laughing deal.. - which i proudly annouced that I DID take the mass rapid transit today!! :)

But i have to admit, I don't think it will be likely I will meet up with again soon.. unless something major comes up again, cuz yep, sorta drifted apart from them as time passes... but still, the 'foundation' that has been built during school days will not be eroded..  Seasonal ba.. At least.. I've still kept in contact a friend from every phase of my school going years.. haha..

* AM extremely BORED today. Only constructive thing done today: answered two queries from a BU in the morning..  C'est tout.

No comments: