click me!!

Thursday 24 September 2009

Saccharine Sweet


I guess I have a  love and hate relationship with sugary stuff. I dislike food that are excessively sweet - i.e. I don't have a sweet tooth ( but I like dark chocs.. but then again, its bittersweet.. not cloyingly sweet).

I think I can't stand over-mush as well.. Bbq-ed marshmallows are yummy - for the initial few.. the more you popped into your mouth, the less satisfaction you derived from it. What I recall from economics 101 - the marginal utility decrease.. hence.. demand decrease.. lalala
After few mintues of reading of some webpages, I'd an overdosage of sugar-intake.. I wonder if it is necessary to be transparent in the intimate details of life on the web. Or perhaps, some have the mentality that one oughta share their good tidings?

But this marshy-ness is no-way in comparison with the occasional sweet-nothings exchange over fb that buttercup like to share with me over msn - which is on quite a regulary basis, (sad.. with the migration of the IT dept to kom (NOT king of majesty... lalala..ALL social networking site is BLOCKED and so are all the meebos and ebuddy... but I can still twitter.. )

For me, marshmallows are meant to be savoured in the private, not the open. - Figuratively and literally.  (Not forgetting that everything I consumed have to be reported.. and subjected to scrutiny. ). Perhaps once in awhile, openly but not all the time..cuz we live in a big big world.. Reminds me of this song, "I am big big girl, in a big big world.. "

For the record, I am not a fan of marshmallows.. though i like the fanciful colours.

No comments: