click me!!

Monday 14 September 2009

phone suffers from cardiac arrest..

the last thing that my phone did was to wake me up this morning. Vaguely saw an unread text from jy but was too groggy to view it. The next thing I knew, phone battery is dead. No big deal i thought, @ most, I'll recharge it @ the office.

Yikes, it DID not respond to the charging... and multiple attempts to power on FAILED. Checked the online manual - it seemed that either the battery is certified dead OR battery connection loose.. Recalled last sat that I saw an error message while charging the phone battery - a warning message that the phone battery is being overcharged and to STOP charging immediately.. Helpdesk @ SE is not very helpful. Ask me to bring the phone down to service centre ... after deciding that its either a faulty software OR a faulty battery.. T_T" very helpful. ( Didn't want to take it down to the service centre again. It'll be the second time in less than 3 months.. )

Unsatisfied with the fact that the phone is dead without trying to revive it, i whipped out the spare usb cable and tried to revive it using the laptop.. Guess what, there is response! Wooot! At least I know that my phone os is functioning, so it maybe just the battery. After two hours of charging via the laptop (like how you will charge ur iPods/ iPhones), I managed to revive the DEAD battery and it is now on "life support" from the phone charger, charing directly from the mains for the remaining 40+%.

Prior to that, I laid lands on the phone. So, maybe it is a combination of both means that revive the dead battery. woo hoo!

No comments: