click me!!

Tuesday 15 September 2009

Loyalty

Loyalty. In a recent conversation with a friend, this was what that popped up. Loyalty. Last weekend, sermon touched on the issue commitment/ loyalty. Yet, I wonder how many pairs of attentive ears are there. 

Frankly, if I was my friend, I would be stumbled and probably bs-ed by what was inflicted. It sounds like drama on tvb serial on demand tv, and it's not happening in the world, but within the four walls among your spiritual family. What was done would certianly make me question whether what one preaches correspond with what one does.

Imagine A is rallying B when B faced with a difficulty with an enemy, D,  and says, "don't worry, C and me (i.e. A) is on your side." In less than a week, B has joined forces D and forged a very close and intimate relationship with D. Mind you, A was liken to B's mentor and B has trusted A when A gave the promise. Imagine the level of betrayal that B felt when B saw what A has done. Certaintly, A ain't a loyal friend. Like the saying goes, "Words are cheap. Actions speaks louder than words."

Alright, one may says that who in the right frame of mind will not act in his/her self-interest BUT hey, even a non-believer with a right conscience would act in a manner that his/ her action would be result in other's unhappiness - 别把自己的快乐建立在别人的痛苦上。i.e. your actions should not stumble others right, especially if you position is somewhat of a leadership level, your actions will have a greater impact on others. Alright, one may argue, happiness lies in your hands and you need to fight for it. But is the temporal bliss of one equivalent to the loss of one soul to the wilderness?

Fortunately, my friend, though not a very matured believer , have simple faith in God. Hence, in spite of the disappointment and betrayal... still did not shun away from God. *maybe that's why my friend was prompted to text me when faced with the temptation to run away from the situation.. *

You may be able to preach up a storm, you may be able to pray so fluently that your prayers are akin to music on the flute. You may have paper qualifications to certify that you have went through rigorous theological studies/ training. You may even say that you will do your utmost best to help. But when the time come, to act either in your own interest or in other's interest at the expense of suppressing your own desires, all that you have acquired - the qualifications, the title in your ministry ...etc become worthless when your actions is not reflective of Christ.

Is this worth the temporal bliss??

Oh yeah, parable..

What I can do is not bitch about them (else I won't be bothered to change the identity and scenario) but pray for them.  Would I be that noble if I am in their shoes? I think I will . 因我还没被颁获任何红星大奖嘛,过不了我自己那关。

No comments: