click me!!

Tuesday 25 September 2007

Faster RAM is dead BUT thank God I still have the 256!

Okie, this is a rather technical post (to me at least) but i did it on my own!!

a short recollection of sunday's event... ahha.. well, cuz it was a LONG day : served in the aM, stayed for svc, talked to newfriend, had a good lunch with jacelyn.... SAW this BRIGHT RED BIG BUTTON jacket from Esprit that would prolly be IN this season - hence not cost effective, so gotta convince myself that it's NOT worth it... went home to on my PC to hear this irritating BEeeping sound... without BLACK OUT SCreen, which was remotely familar to the previous near death experience of this ibm machine. that made me rather depressed cuz my thousand and one un-backup-ed stuff within my 50% filled hard disk.... sent panic sms to my IT experts pals : max, buttercups...

Well, with Max's advice on the possibly DEAD RAM and buttercup's warm response of "better fix it up soon cuz he subscribe to my blog", felt remotely happier that there was still hOpe.. in reviving the ailing machine. Prior to this, was wondering how ah? MY DATA, my photOs...

Well well.. thank God for the recollection of changing the RAM by myself that time the two pieces of RAM fought against one another and i took one out.. (the 256MB) and left the 512 MB to run the show.... -this was after the repair guy showed me how to do it...

hence with the "CAN DO" spirit - as reminded by the PREP talks given by the mgmt guys @ the Group Orientation today... decided to PRY open my CPU (no harm done.. if it's already RIP. at least i tried to resurrect it ma...) After minutes of aligning the SLOW RAM into the slot... YEAH... PC Started UP! Hallelujah!

Felt so accomplished... Should reward myself a bitsy... :) Thought of changing to the mio plan.. afterall.. i'm paying more than $100 for my voice plan & broadband.. and the phone i like is $0 on the promotion... Yet the choice is between the rosy RED W660i or the Nokia N73 Music Edition (only avaiable in BLACK but i like the camera though and more worth it.. ) Since my dear sony digicam's lifespan is coming to an end... i suppose the N73 is more worth it.. :)

wellwell.. see how.. at least need not pay a cent!! yay!

No comments: