click me!!

Sunday 16 September 2007

BBQ_midaUtumn celebration

Part A - before the event.. the wet morning
it was a WET WET morning.. i ALMOST didn't wanted to get up... however, was scheduled to sing so..dragged my half awaken body up @ 730am (while the rain is pattering against my window panes still...)

I think I'm hitting the plateau in choir... Felt like going no way... I like the friends that I made in choir, the alto friends.. the sop friends.. after testing of vocal range... Yet.. not fulfilling.. and yes, not stretching at all.. Was rather upset by the "bo-chupness " of this sop sister who did know that there are parts to one of the song, YET responded by saying "no need to tell idy la, too many cooks will spoil the soup. we just sing what they say." when i asked her to inform Amanda/idy what she knew. Ownership issue... Choir is good to stay comfy...

Part B - afternoon.. buying the materials...
after reaching home after singing/ ate a stick of the oreo wafer (my breakkie!), showered and haha.. headed out to meet joyce in a beach type attire... happy! ( i love dressing down and wearing flip flops!) @ white sands. Bought the lanterns..sparklers etc @ sheng song... (cheap lanterns that will self-dispose as ash upon passionate level of the flame..), Ate my "oor-jian" without "oor", and yah.. walked to ys' condo.. :) - sweet memories of the tanjong katong area .. where i spent my youth - nope, not at the former hollywood , but my sec sch is there.. and it's also where I'd my bs, i saw my cgl discipled someone to point that instill "awe"...

Joyce and i were too early. so entertained ourselves in the function room (@ ys' expense...) haha.. he's a good spot.. I snipped a hair off his head.. haha... (out of cosmetic reason) Waited and waited cuz some soul was late - by approx 45min.. thank God that I felt led to walk to the condo instead of waiting at Aljunied.. Was tasked to take the MAIN game @ the 11th hour (thanks vory for helping me with the clues planting and systematic way of keeping track the location) - is it cuz i thought of the idea?

members and friends started arriving at 5. The ice-breaker was good.. i think i made it ultra ra-ra.. Don't know why the playful nature pop out of a sudden.. Kin Onn led it well (and thanks to his important other half, deon, who graciously doubled up as our photographer and suggested this game..) Then the riddle-hunt game... I think the members had fun ( THanks kin onn for his comment that i led it well.. :P)

frankly, the BBQ was great.. cuz time to talk.. to interact.. and share... and relive the childhood moments of playing sparklers and lantern.. The last time i played sparklers was @ JC MAF (mid autumn festival) celebration in yr 2... remembered we make "mini-firework" display by throwing the lit sparklers down from the foyer area to the soccer field... and the lanterns - thought cheappie self-combustible type.. entertained us greatly..

all in all, it was a great and fun time for everyone (from their faces, it seemed so... ) and this is despite the drizzle-turned-rain one hour after the BBQ started... all stayed and "evacuated" to the pavilion upon the big fat raindrops..

Truly.. there is a change in the atmosphere and sense of unity/belongingness in w110.. the momentum has been building up.. glad to see that wish coming to pass....

Special thanks to long for the great coordination... and YanSheng for the logistics and food.. and such... and both of them for ferrying us to & fro to the mrt station. the bros for carrying the chairs... in the rain... everyone for making effort to make everyone welcome...

I see more fruits in this.. than.. the comfy one.. :)

No comments: