click me!!

Wednesday 11 January 2006

yay!

Horray! I’ve access to the Internet at the convenience of my workstation wef today! Was selected as part of the 2nd pilot group of desktop surfing. [However, access to web-based email is denied. For safety reason. Obviously no msn or whatsoever.. cuz desktop surfing using IE may undermine security of our server/ database platform for work] Well.. system was running a bitsy slow today.. Hence, ‘multi-task’ a bitsy. Was toggling between Mozilla Firefox (informative) and my IE window (work). Not really much.. cuz mountain pile-up.. yup.. it’s the peak period. Since access to sites would be traced, navigated to the gov sites. Didn’t know that there is actually a FLU website! went to the MOE site as well.

Mentality of most final under-graduates or graduates who can’t find a job would have the similar mindset (worse scenario… go into teaching.. Thank God that this didn’t come to pass for me.. though if that really happened, I would have just finished my bond of 3 years!) Question: Am in the industry that I forsee myself to be in 5-10 years time? Am I ready to move on? Sure why not? However, looking at the salary scale of the graduate trainee teacher, I don’t think I would attempt to go into teaching.. not willing to take salary cut of that quantum. Anyway, not called into this area of teaching.. :)

Wow, would be into my 5th year at this organization in June. (Not including the three mths temp prior to uni admission and the industrial attachment!) never expect to stay till to receive long service award! Then again, would I last till June 05? Ya, am not exactly a techie expert at tax. (Though 4 years of hands-on work does make me much better informed in my area of expertise.) Which explains why I never attempted to switch to the Big4. Anyway, no point forcing yourself in areas of you aren’t that gifted in. So, obviously I won’t attempt to go for my CPA nor back to school for a Master.

Let me see.. subjects I like in school? Mathematics! Why? Sense of achievement to solve the problems. Chinese.. my mother-tongue.. spoke it since young. Which explains why i'm more fluent in mandarin (spoken) than english.. haha..limited vocab though cuz dislike reading mandarian stuff & stop chinese lessons after secondary sch.. hmm..

What do I like? The creative arts . Not trained in this area though… hmmm.. area to be explored… leave it up to Him!

Yay! dearie palie just asked me to watch “memoirs of a geisha” @ great world city later tonight.. yay!! Read the book quite some time ago.. well, captivating story. But since some of my pals have listed it as a “must-watch”… I shall find out tonite! Yay! :)

No comments: