click me!!

Tuesday 13 July 2010

S.L.E.E.P

I think I've not been doing enough of this. E would always comment that I don't need to sleep. (I think  was due to those fb updates from those fb application games on my wall, which once upon a time I was hooked to them.. now... i can't be bothered to.. maybe cuz my VAIO' s processing speed ain' t that jiffy and yes.. i need to sleep..)

Cuz of the longer mileages clocked weekly, it's especially easy for me to drop on bed and fall asleep - even if I'm lying on top of my remotes/ hp or whatever.. (alright, i guess if that's the case, I won't qualify to be a princess - . Princess' skin is supposed to be so delicate that it could be bruised uber easily.. Like the fairy tale "the Princess and the Pea" which, the princess whose skin was so delicate, was unable to catch a wink that night as the pea that was buried at the very bottom of the 20 layers of mattresses and featherbeds was bruising her and kept awake all night.)


Whatever the case, my new found past time is garfield's favourite activity...

Sleeping is a good habit. According to sources here & here, why should sleeping is good:

1. Sleep deprivation can lead to weight gain! Apparently, according to this website "sleep helps to regulate the hormones that affect and control your appetite. Studies have shown that when your body is deprived of sleep, the normal hormone balances are interrupted and your appetite increases. Unfortunately this increase in appetite doesn't lead to a craving for fruits and veggies, no, instead your body longs for food high in calories, fats and carbohydrates!" So yeah, i should sleep more to shed pounds.. :p

2. Lack of sleep can affect the brain and its cognitive function adversely.. Hence sleep improves memory! So maybe that's why I didn't do that well for my exams.. too much midnight oil burnt.. (I should have slept more... )

3. Sleep reduces stress

4. It's during your snooze hours that your body repairs itself. ..

And wikipedia listed a whole lot of scary terms that may be the by-products of sleep deprivation:
  • aching muscles
  • dizziness and nausea
  • dry mouth
  • hallucinations
  • hand tremors
  • headaches
  • increased blood pressure
  • increased risk of diabetes & fibromyalgia
  • irritability
  • memory lapses or loss
  • nystagmus (rapid involuntary rhythmic eye movement)
  • obestity
  • slowed word recall
    temper tantrums in children
  • yawning
  • symptoms similar to:
    • Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
    • Psychosis
Eyelids getting heavier... give me my sleep!

No comments: