click me!!

Thursday 29 July 2010

delayed... :( but not denial

It's nothing major, just semi-disappointed that I can't get my blackberry (cuz it's black in color and most of my gadgets are named xx-berry so it being black in color, is tentatively referred to as blackberry, though not being the bb phone..LOL) cuz though I'm eigible for mobile phone upgrade (oneof the perks of the mio plan)., but i can't  buy a phone online via Singtelshop. Apparently due to system hiccups or I should say database inconsistency.. :( bleh.. Despite Jac managed to help me get into the appt booking yesterday (my superb IT has blocked off the singtelshop site apparently), she wasn't able to book a slot for me as in the darn singtelshop's database, my mobile no. was apparently not eligible for re-contract. =.=

Nonetheless, a phone call to the mio service helpline shed light to the puzzling situation.  And I need not unbundle the mio plan as the red telco has a new promo that includes 3GLflex/iFlex plan in their subscription bundle plans.. woot! (Maybe they heard my wishlist!)All I need to do is switch to the 6mbps (apparently, the 3mbps broadband svc has been phrased out!) and if I wanna switch to the data-based mobile plan – I only need to pay additional $5.48 if I changed from my iTwo value to the iFlex Value.  Oh happy day! The cons – I need to visit the Hello shops personally to do the mobile upgrade.. Oh well, with all the limited appointment slots taken up, I will wait for Singtel to open up for walk-ins. Maybe by then, I need to wait for the new stock to arrive or perhaps by then, I can get snowberry instead of blackberry. Hopefully, my Samsung phone trade-in value has not dipped further by then.. but i think it's still worth $300 now..

Waiting patiently for either blackberry (if I ain't that patient) or snowberry (if I'm that patient). Translate (black or white iPhone)

Incidentally, saw a friend's comment on fb regarding the rapid snatch up of appointment slots from Singtel – all gone within 2 hours a. He commented - "seriously, do people here really know how to utilise the smart phone?"   

I can't help but concur with this statement. A safe estimate is that 50% of the iPhone users here don't  allow their smart phones to function to their full potential. I'm not being bias but I see people from all walks of life (from students, to housewife aunties, to foreign domestic helpers, to old folks, and yeah the working peeps ) using the much-coveted phone from apple. Perhaps, to some, it's a hip-phone to own, for some, it's the wide arrays of apps to keep one entertained / or even for work. For the apple fanatics, it's an apple product, whatmore to say?

For me, nah, it's not because everyone's has it (in fact, I would prefer NOT everyone is using it – I like exclusivity !  Came out with an non-exhaustive list to defend my to-be-purchase:

 (a) my iPod is max-ed out and I don't have access to its iTune library cuz the old PC crased and I didn't wanna erased the songs/sermons (not to mention the podcasts will be all gone) cuz I can't be bothered to re-rip the songs for the CDs…

(b)my phone is not under warranty (cuz its prize and I dun have a place of purchase and hence dunno how to fill in the warranty card) and haha so anytime it fall sick, servicing needs moolah. And the phone internal memory is being locked and left a miserable <1 mb.  

(c)i need music to fill in the pockets of time during travelling, on the threadmill,

(d) I can sync my runs with iTunes

(e)the child in me needs to be entertained.. apps will come in handy

(f) I don't have a pda so this can double up as one too..

(g) I don't wanna carry so many gadgets out to fulfil the geeky-needs. With the iphone (or perhaps the bb too) I can lighten the load of my bag..

(h) I like apple (as  a fruit) so I like apple products (lame)

(i) I need a new phone...

(j)I want a new phone…

I suspect that perhaps some of those who will lay hands on the iPhone 4  at stroke of midnite today will be auctioning theirs off ebay and such. (Darn these peeps who deprive us serious coveters of the new toy on the market!)

Alright, time for lunch!

No comments: