click me!!

Thursday 1 July 2010

If I say it's a pj, you have to accept that!

A couple of days ago, I wore this black & white striped dress shirt thingy to work. I'd bought it during the bc warehouse sale last Dec.. It was stashed away at the back of my cabinet as it was too tight fitting then. Finally, after these few months of e-imposed strict regime of runs @ increasing intensity, it's ready to be worn.

It looks somewhat like this.. except it's not Gucci.

 
Guess what the aunty dept secretary exclaimed when she saw me during lunch time. "Why are you wearing pyjamas to work?"

Pjs?? Vertical striped = Pjs?


 
okay, this is a pretty pj :) maybe she meant this?


the closest that I can find that resembled what I wore.. which was still rather far off..

Okay, ms aunty secretary was lunching that afternoon too. While she was heating up her lunch at the pantry, whereby I was washing my cup, she explained that she made the remark earlier cuz one of her ex-colleagues made the SAME comment to her when she wore a similar dress. So she felt that I had over-reacted and I am too sensitive to criticism and I should just ACCEPT that comment. In fact, she felt that I interpreted that comment in the wrong manner and she quoted that a couple of others also commented that I'm easily offended. EASILY OFFENDED ? Okay, perhaps, I should live up to your expectation and post my frustrations whenever you offend me? (Like what the mass like to do on FB/ twitter these days..)


Accept the comment? If it was a constructive remark, sure, I will take it. If it's your personal opinion, and seriously won't edify others, doesn't the same Bible that we read teaches us that we oughta edify others? You profess to be pious and share second-hand revelations which you found to be inspiring and yet you can't comprehend the simple words in the Bible? Do unto others what others do unto you?? Nah right, do unto others what you want others to do unto you. Gee.. your colleague (who is probably tactless) commented when you wore a similar outfit doesn't mean that you have the right to pass that on to others.. (What are you thinking? An eye for an eye? But I didn't give you that eye in the first place!)

So I replied, it's actually not a flattering remark that you made and one usually don't wear pjs to work. It's alright, I choose to filter your comments and I disagree with you that I should JUST ACCEPT your comments which I don't think it's true.

 

She was not satisfied with my reply and probably my refusal to accept her unflattering remarks – She came to me and started nagging, asking me that I should not interpret people's (i.e. hers)(insensitive, 'suan'ing) remarks as critical, but it's just their comments. Did I ask you for an opinion? No. Hence, if it's not flattering and not gonna do any good to the person – why do you need to make your stand.?
Having said that, I still think that I look good that day de. Else why would Gucci actually have a similar outfit in their collection? And I paired up the shirt dress with a belt and cardi wo.. You wear a belt to sleep?

I think the solution to her curt/suaning remarks in future is to discount her words at all cost. Maybe I should let her know that I've just blogged about her and how happy I am with her pie-smacked-into-your face comment.

No comments: