click me!!

Thursday 8 July 2010

Random snapshots of this week..

Thanks to e, who threatened to up the weekly mileage by 45% this week, should I continue with my carbby-laden diet (which in fact, is not that much & unhealthy, safe for the fruits at night and occasional pastry/ dessert or so and the occasional bubble tea) without improvement in the timing for the runs, I'm back to the "tingkat-stint' of concocting and bringing lunch since monday.. There's no way I'm gonna fork time out for an additional 30k (okie, that's actually do-able should i leave work promptly and reach the gym by 630..  but I don't want so many week nights burnt.. one late weeknight at the gym (training day) is enuff.. !)

E's comments for weekend ain't that fantastic - with all the 'cut this and cut that'.. until monday comes.. cuz it's easier to plan weekday meals.. So now, the daily intake is of satisfactory standard.. and doing it (reporting what I ate) on a daily basis (instead of my choice of weekly) and the threat of the extra long run should i consume trash, had made me extra conscious of what I ate.. but yeah, all for that extra few lbs to go..

Tuesday & today's brekkie
whole wheat cereals with almonds floating in lowfat hi-cal milk. The happy cow on the package never fails to cheer me up.. (Think the happy cow version could only be found at Mac.. Wonder if Mac'd some special tied-up with Magnolia?)


Tuesday's lunch
brown rice with half  fillet of a oven-baked saba fish + steamed ("nuked" it in the microwave oven) asparagus & baby carrots


Wednesday's lunch
cubes of steamed baby carrots + chicken breast with seasoned with smoked paprika& basil & dash of sesame seed oil - baked in toaster oven)


Thursday lunch

Pan-seared black-peppered chicken breast (marinated o'nite in shaoxing wine made it frangrant and pan-seared made the meat more juicy than toaster-oven baked..) with heinz vegetarian baked beans (my fave brand of baked beans)!


:: Lunch time shopping ::

As I'd brought lunch while the rest of my department went ahead to Marina Square's Hans for lunch (cuz the big Cat is away so the mice droveto their fave haunt - which I don't really fancy and I don't think I can't find anything on the menu that will go well with my low carb plan), I headed to vivo to get a new bottle. Found quite a number of tiny speck of molds had infested the base as well as the cap of the bottle. I'd tried scrubbing with a brush and trying to dislodge them with soapy hot water but to no avail - and the handle is half-cracked.. :( but cuz of the lovely hue of red, I'd defer replacing it till i spotted the growing fungi colony yesterday :( ) Bottle aside, I need to replenish the depleted supply of liquid fuel - gatorade powder! I figured it's more environmental friendly to get the powder form than the ready-to-drink bottles and it's easier on the wallet in the long run...
Gatorade lemon-lime


my new bottle - i like the print of the two dolls superimposed on top of one another!

On my way to the marketplace,  I was 'waylaid' by the 'SALE' sign in the Zara window and headed in for a good whole 30 minutes. Tried 4 items.. the work dress was too big ( small is the smallest size i found which was loose and alteration was required unless i favour the idea of being春 光乍泄). Tried a floral skirt which was too flamboyant and the denim jumper was a bit bleh for me.. ended up acquiring a floral jumper which is so sweet :)
 
Floral jumper shorts from zara (sleepy eyes cuz face sans make-up cuz eyes were sensitive and teary this morning)

Enuff of rambling.. time to work..

No comments: