click me!!

Tuesday 9 December 2008

the first 10km! :)

Despite my attempt to sleep earlier before the run.. i slept at 12am! Tsktsk.. And cuz dinner was late @ 21 hrs, I couldn't perform the "water-parade" as advised by e, to hydrate myself to prevent dehydration.. henceforth, woke up @ 5:30 to makan brekkie and drank like a camel..
Decided to travel lite - meaning.. no baggage to deposit @ counter.. hence was wearing my short shorts .. (woo hoo! I can fit into size S now.. haha.. yay! Dropped one size down in 4 months.. :) !!) kinda conscious lo, cuz haha feel so naked.. in my short-shorts and the blue tee and running gear (felt lost with bags..haha) haha.. when throngs of similar cladded ladies streamed in at tampines - haha.. all heading to the same destination - cityhall.. Hmmm seemed like lotsa active ladies in the east too..:)

Attempted to empty before the run (I can't run with full bladder...) Saw a couple of my friends @ cityhall.. waved @ my ex-colleague YP and spotted Mel (who was running for her company i assumed, she wearing her company tee..) Too many peeps, hence couldn't meet up with xiaorong, who's oso there with her cg.

Despite attempt to empty before the run... I had a small detour to the smelly loo.. :( think I'd over-drank ... which resulted in a nasty experience of running with a full bladder..after the 2km mark.. :( which resulted me in walking up the sheares bridge.. and crawled @ a slower pace.. until i spotted the pink portable toilet.. without long queues).Man.. it was not a pleasant sight within/ and foul smell emit when the door open! Think the users don't realised that the handtowels ought not to be chunked into the loo!! ) Wasted at least 5 minutes to wait, queue and empty.. but it was worthwhile . .else.. i will waste more time walking.. haha... (I must have walked approximately for 1 km out of the 10km!)

Fave stretch of the run was the F1 pit-stop area.. cuz there must be like 10 over race cars parked there!! (Didn't snap any pictures cuz I was plugged to my phone, strapped to my arm) hence.. didn't want to waste time to remove and snap away.. Hmm i was to spot St Andrew Cathedral.. cuz ending point is near.. was feeling sleepy by then.. I guessed effects of caffeine-withdrawal syndrome kicking in... I missed my coffee!) .. and left arm was aching as i crawled pass the 8km mark - i wondered if it's the after-effects of my training the day before OR the extra weight on my left arm - my mobilephone strapped there...) was giving me the problem..but nonetheless was more than happy to cross the finish line... :).. finish the 10km in 1 hr 10min 10 sec! Not too bad woah... here's the link that documented my race details.. Didn't managed to finish within the 1 hour goal.. oh well.. it's still not too bad..considering that I'd wasted quite a lot of time to walk and empty! haha!!

Had an yummy brekkie with ziv @ tcc after the run. I like the breakfast selection there and the ambience too!! The cafe was rather empty, except for us and another group. (non- runners though.. haha! Smart move for us to walk to bugis instead of "jamming the sillyhall area with the other runners" !! Hmmm think we might be up for the 21km next year.. haha.. :) As for the full marathon, we agreed that it was mission impossible for us now..
Some pictures to relive the moments.. (the pictures @ the finish line is not ready! Also dunno if the official photographers did capture that moment..haha!)


the yummy breakfast!!

the (almost) empty TCC!


Ziv, my running bro!!



me with the finisher medal..



miffy !!

Hmmm surprisingly, with the extra dose of energy, i walked thru the pasir ris park home... hand-washed my whole week's worth of laundry... (yep..i feel like energiser bunny after the run!!) and went shopping for new sofa @ century sq in the evening with mum & bro.. haha.. :)

Spent the whole of monday nua-ing at home after yummy dim-sum @ imperial @ T3 with family..[ate ultra unhealthy peking duck too!! Ops!] Slept ultra-early @ 10pm (with a short nap in the afternoon!) .. and yet i woke up late this morning @ 730am! Flagged a cab to work cuz I've to be @ JW 7pm so can't afford to be late for work.. haha.. :) At least, I've a well-rested monday.. I guessed the next two weeks will be hectic cuz i'd volunteered to be opt-in for the christmas drama... :)!

Hmmm it will be hectic, (as i vividly recalled the first-time involvement as a calefei in drama (no lines.. just smile n look angelic)- as angel too in the easter production when i was freshly recruited into choir) but since I'm quite free now, so thought i could avail ba..

And yeah, e might be coming for christmas.. yeah! :) kinda surprising how the topic evolved but glad for the opportunity to share a bit with him during our training session last sat..Nope, didn't preach to him.. and guessed can consider him quite open ba.. considering he used to attend sunday school during sec - cuz of his BB days.. and he was the one who started the topic.. :) 

No comments: