click me!!

Saturday 23 June 2007

the energy market..

oh yes, i'd spent the last 1.5 hours on this topic... cuz was given a task by my sm at 6pm (hey i should have scooted off @ 545pm and won't see the mail until 830am today! - yep, it's my first working sat after so many years..) hmm i think he thinks rather highly on me.. like i'm the gst expert.. (eh... ) asked me to look at the query from the business unit and draft a reply if possible...

well.. i know peanuts about the energy industry.. except that it has been deregulated.. urgh... hmmm haven't see much light yet into the tax stuff.. BUT at least i got a better understanding of this energy stuff.. interesting.. haha...

hmmm i guess i better surf by technical sites .. such as engineering /oil /gas /ship building /property...

And.. yes.. looking forward to dawn... wondering if its dressdown sat, else i'll bring to change.. hmmm...

in the lift today.. met a guy from the senior mgmt (BUT i don't recognise him.. cuz hey.. my 3rd day only.. and ooo.. he recognised me as the new girl from the HR email annoucing my arrival with the short write up - now i know pple does read these circulars ) wooo... well.. too bad la.. at least i made some small talk with him lo... Thank God i was not dressed nau-ily... as opposed to the "second concubine" days.. Speaking of which, two of my ex-colleagues contacted me today.. eh.. one looking for the templates for JV .. hmmm and the other.. asking me how to create the hotspot button in the lotus notes.. [did that in one of the email survey thingy and they were sooo amazed at this function in lotus notes.. EH??] ego rise a bit when u realised that they can't do things without u.. haha.. kinda disgusted too that the realty is real.. They just asked you how to do things.. without the "hey, how's things ..etc"

one phrase says it all.. C'est la vie! (the rare quote i remember from my french class.. )ahha

time to rest the grey matter and solve the prob later.. hmm tmw just me and the sm .. (cuz half a team on duty only..). he's kinda nice la.. reminds me of pastor tan.. :)

No comments: