click me!!

Monday 3 November 2008

Lesson learnt..

Thou shall not snooze thy alarm when it sounded...
Thou shall rise from bed the very instant when the alarm sounded...
in short.. Thou shall no procrastinate... in removing thy body from the warm and inviting bed..

My dear alarm rang @ 4:50 am * as usual* for the past couple of weeks in its feeble attempt to get your truly up to exercise spiritually & physically.. however, to nil success.. [Legal excuse: I've a blocked nose for past couple of weeks.. but I made up by at least a 5k treadmill twice a week wo.. yup.. dec 7 is approaching and I only hit 10k once... :( ] Happily snoozed until 6:30 am which i woke up in shock.. and looking pale & paler after slapping on pure foundation & loose powder (to avoid being mistaken as China's 国宝) I ran out, hoping to get a cab as soon as I hit the pavement.. (usually cabs are abundant when i leave for work - which by then the PEAK hours surcharge is in operation).. Wrong.. I waited (irritably) from 641am to (Gasp!) 6:57 to finally flag down this comfort cab.. And thinking that I would at most bear the 35% surcharge of prolly a couple of dollars at most.. my dear government has installed yet another NEW ERP gantry before Eunos link (apparently in service wef 3 Nov 08.. signed, me ill informed!) ... which set the cab uncle spouting his dismayal at another revenue generating device from our government.. (Hello.. I'm the one paying for the ERP charges here.. so what's the fuss? - on another note, if there is no passenger, yup, he would have to bear the charge wo.. Now I truly understand how disgruntled residents of Toa Payoh were when the previous few ERP gantries were errected at the heartland area.. ) Man.. I would bypass PIE and head for ECP then or KPE to TPE.. (if i ever wanted to avoid the hussle and take a cab to work... which is a tad too expensive treat, especially in times like this...)

Oh well in short, my extra 30 minutes of snooze cost me $15! and yup, managed to reach Singpost ard 715.. SAD... :( queued for yet another 10+min and was huddled up @ the overflow balcony area... But despite it's just a short 30min for me.. it was very refreshing and provides more oumhph to kickstart my monday than the daily caffeine dosage and yup I was pretty amazed that I could actually hit the high high ranges without vocal warm ups.. Woo hoo... (Ally was leading pnw this morning...)

I resolute not to hit the snooze button tomorrow morning...

No comments: