click me!!

Friday 17 August 2007

The August so far..

It has been nearly 2 months as a keppelite (that's what the company calls us..) Hmm really gotta thank God for this job .. Cuz great & helpful colleagues.. Fellow harvesters (ruth & a choir member-jeremy is temp-ing here a while before ns, leaving soon though) within.. Despite @ entry level (cuz I've zitch corp tax experience) still didn’t take pay cut.. :) Wa.. Hallelujah!

Weddings..
Been to a no. of weddings this year.. And was part of the bridal entourage of two dear friends ... (incidentally, they are those who (a) intro me to my Creator (in sec 2!) - Sandi & (b) brought me to the house of God where I called home - HuiMing)

Weddings are fun.. despite helping out... :) Especially enjoyed myself @ Sandi's, despite having to miss a day of FOP.. But was glad to be able to help out in her big day though..

I supposed this was one of the rare church wedding attended that I experienced the strong presence of God. Truly, I can see God's hand upon Sandi & Keng Cher's (the hubby) family.. God's words never return to Him void. Truly, when one in the household is saved, all will be saved. I was surprised to see Jean Sen - Sandi's cousin - the handsome-wang jie lookalike senior from DHS serving God as a worship leader in Wesley -*that's when i first met Jesus ... :).- and he used to be a stuanch buddhist and ya.. even went on *retreat* in tibet, india..
And the couple also testified of God's goodness in their relationship.. Wa.. (I like!!) and presented a song item ("Turn your eyes upon Jesus") that really brought down God's presence!

The couple also went thru' great extent to express their gratitude and their love towards God.. From the "Thank you" speeches to wedding tokens! Yup.. My dear friend actually got the gold coins chocs that resemble the amercian's coins from candy empire- cuz of the wording " In God we trust." that was embossed on the choc.

* Another fun thing was that I get to meet up with my DHS classmates which I haven't meet for a decade. - some of my rather good pals in sec sch days... interestingly.. quite a no. of them shares the same faith too... And one of the guys too - cuz he wearing a cross ma.. but he goes ncc.. And.. wa .. very interesting array of professions.. hmm high flyers in the civil service, architect, engineers, teachers, lecturer, lawyers, and ya financial advisors (which incidentally all from pru -thank goodness that i'm out.. no offense to the fa friends.. it's just not me.. hehe)

Needless to say.. Most could not recognise me.. The usual comment was.. Wa..u look different.. Prettier now.. Hahaha.. Yingying couldn't recognise me at all! She sat next to me during the matrimony and didn't realised it until I greeted her after the service * she gave me the blank look.. And shuhui too.. she said she didn't realised it was me till - she heard my voice.. (ya.. the sure giveaway...) Not to mention the guys lo..haha.. Fun..

Hmm well..different.. Okie.. One thing for sure, length of hair.. Cuz my hair used to be waist long and I always tied to a pony tail.. And ya.. Used to be 60+kg.. Wooooooooooo!

But it's more than the shedding of the few kilos.. It's God la.. The presence of God in me lo… keke..

God is REAL
Last week during cg, I was rather down.. cuz of a conversation just before the cg commenced... And during pnw.. Was sorta whining to God abt what someone had said to me… And God actually used Priscilla to encourage me .. He gave her a vision of how she first came to S'pore.. And how I followed up with her that really touched her.. Wa.. :) God's timing - best timing.

This week
Tuesday was FUN.. Was effectively working only HALF a day.. Second half of the day was spent travelling to a seminar @ Park Royal Hotel.. Then evening went to the dinner event (the closing dinner to the Financial Managers Conference) @ the REFLECTIONS.. Wa. The showflat for the penthouse suite really blew my mind - apparently that unit we saw was worth S$9MM.. hmm great sea view.. i love the balcony & the master bedroom.. woo...

And ya.. The whole department went, so it's like a department outing.. Actually my department rather fun.. And my SM (whom they called him "chief editor"- in chinese) was not as straight faced as I imagined him to be. He was the one who interviewed me.. to whom i spoke in tongues.. haha... hmm so despite boss' aim for us to attend the dinner is to network (cuz quite a no. of FM from different biz units were there).. it was fun.. :)

No comments: