click me!!

Sunday 25 June 2006

dropped the bomb!

ya.. finally told my mom that i'll be going to the taiwan emerge.. not an easy task cuz.. her birthday falls within that period! (ya.. hence the delay...) obviously she is not too thrilled.. she gave me the semi-cold shoulder after the bomb was dropped (told her during dinner time.. afterall it's only 2 weeks away.. it's now or too late...)

nevertheless, felt an innerpeace that she would simmer soon.. well.. she just passed me a plate of fruits..so guess the anger has subsided Praise the Lord! :)

Mission trip.. my brother challenged me.. why on earth am i going to the developed areas for mission work.. Mission work in his eyes is going to "rural/ ulu places to build school and share the Gospel". He felt that only in the undeveloped countries that they have yet heard of Christ.. As for developed nations, it is the responsibilities of the Christians in that nation to do the task... Explained why we are going to help in their youth conference.. He found it weird.. cuz (it didn't conform to his belief of MISSION work.. why are we helping the saved.. despite explaining why we are going there... to impart to them.. and in turn they can bring revival to their campuses....)

Urgh!! the old conservative paradigm..

Nonetheless, i've told my mom.. ANd yes... I'm going in 2 weeks time.. YET.. there are many things to be done prior to that.. else i won't b able to go in peace (cuz both peilong and i won't be ard.. and adrian has went off to sis lingying side.. ).. Still i know it would be good.. :)

No comments: