click me!!

Monday 23 May 2011

The limping run

Almost wanted to give this run a miss cuz I wad supposed to be refrain from vigorous activities and certainly not running. I reckon I was doing ok and hence, went ahead nonetheless .. Without much training for the last two weeks!

It was jammed pack and I made it to the first wave ( cuz I wanted to start & end my misery ASAP!) think the long distance runs mainly attract male participants and I found myself stuck behind sweaty men! ;(




Oh mr Yam Ah Mee was there for the flag off too! Lol! But he did the 'parliamentary-announcement' for the flag off only for the later wave..

It was a uber slow start at the starting point due to the narrow path that resulted a bottleneck..

As I've not been conditioning the legs for the long haul, i was almost hoping that the 'judgement prophesy @ 6pm' would come to pass when I crossed the 13-14 km marker .. The route was different from last year and the route along Changi Coastal Rd seem to be never ending!

So I entertained myself with a quick snap in case I was rapture and went to my mansion before I finish the race




I had already started crawling at this stage and it's pretty amazing that I made it back to angsana green in one piece, limbs intact and blister free! ;)

But haha was 20min slower than previous year! Considering walking for perhaps 10-15% the distance and crawling at snail pace (guesstimate should be 8-9km/h), and cramping abs -it was the bloody time of the month!!, 3:06 seemed reasonable .. Better than a nil time rite!

Oh well hopefully the sundown this sat will be a much better experience ... At least, have running companion so haha someone to drag me back should I really collapse halfway !

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments: